anyone have wifi tether working with droid 4 and OTA ICS

demarco5

Reaction score
getting errors in all my wifi tether apps, im rooted, rerooted after i installed ics

battlecanary

Reaction score
Foxfi seems to be working :)

You know, after all the time I've spent messing with root and different tether apps, I'm literally dumbfounded that this app exists. On a whim I read your post, looked it up, installed it, and it works right off the bat. And doesn't require root to boot. I'm letting a friend know this will work since she lost root with the ICS update on her HTC, which was a huge pain to root in the first place. Thanks a million.

outsid0r

Reaction score
You know, after all the time I've spent messing with root and different tether apps, I'm literally dumbfounded that this app exists. On a whim I read your post, looked it up, installed it, and it works right off the bat. And doesn't require root to boot. I'm letting a friend know this will work since she lost root with the ICS update on her HTC, which was a huge pain to root in the first place. Thanks a million.
HTC phones wont be able to use the wifi tether part only the bluetooth part just FYI.

djstinso

Reaction score
I just completed the process as well. I confirmed I was rooted, then went to the wifi tether app on the internet and about 40hrs or so ago he (the dev) put a new verson tether 3.2 beta 1 and I had to go into the settings and choose device profile to generic ics/jb (wlan1). then after that it worked perfectly.

4saken

Reaction score
For the droid 4 i tried the fox fi app the only problem i had was i had to reboot alot of times to get it to work. I am running stock ics rooted. The sql editor hack for the razr and bionic also works with this phone and is very simple to do. After changing the entitlement check value in the settings storage database and rebooting after you have finished the stock molbile hotspot app works flawlessly. This is the way togo if you ask me. Google sql editor hotspot hack for droid4 or razr and follow the directions. Enjoy your free hotspot:)