Anyone have this problem?

CPAaz

Reaction score
Every time I plug my ear buds into my Maxx HD, my phone automatically opens up the Real Racing app. Anyone else having this problem????

jduale51

Reaction score
I had a similar problem with my old X2. It would dial the last called number when I plugged the headset in, or jostled it when plugged in. I just downloaded and installed a free headset blocker app. Took care of the problem.

OP
CPAaz

CPAaz

Reaction score
Thanks, I will give it a try.

OP
CPAaz

CPAaz

Reaction score
It didn't work. Real Racing is a bloatware curse. This has been the only issue with my maxx HD.

Yeti35

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8+ w/ a Tech 21 case
Just disable it if you are not using that program. Then you will never hear from it again.

OP
CPAaz

CPAaz

Reaction score
Sorry for being stupid but how do I disable it?

pdaniel219

Reaction score
Go into settings> apps, then scroll down to the app you want and tap it. There will be a button that says disable. Good luck. Bloatware sucks.

Yeti35

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Or long hold the icon then drag it to the top of the screen. You will get a box that says app info. Click that and it will give you the app info with the disable button as well. If you don't see disable you may have to uninstall updates first then go back in and disable.

OP
CPAaz

CPAaz

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. It didn't show up in settings/apps but I was able to drag it up and disable it. Although when I disabled it I was warned that it might make other apps misbehave! What kind of BS is that?

Yeti35

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Thanks for the help. It didn't show up in settings/apps but I was able to drag it up and disable it. Although when I disabled it I was warned that it might make other apps misbehave! What kind of BS is that?
Just ignore that comment. I have never had an issue with it at all after disabling an app that i did not want.

OP
CPAaz

CPAaz

Reaction score
It's now working fine. Thanks for the help. Bloatware sucks but this forum is great.