Anyone have problems with Google Photos draining batter on S7 Edge?

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Started a couple of weeks ago. I've had to resort to disabling the app, and then enabling when I am ready to backup my photos.

Doesn't matter what settings I set Photos too, including turning backup off completely. Very frustrating.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you tried a fresh install of the app?

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

OP
L

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't that require being able to uninstall it? On the S7 Edge it is bloatware that you can only disable.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Disabling it will uninstall any updates it's gotten since you got the phone. It's worth a shot to do that and then re-enable it and install the updates (or hold off on the updates and see if the issue still exists).

I've got a Nexus 6P with Photos on it and no issues. My wife uses it on her S7 solely for backup. We both have them set to only backup while charging and on wifi though and I haven't seen mine not follow those rules.

We moved away from Microsoft OneDrive for backup because it was acting like you're describing after a bad update.

Reactions: cr6

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't that require being able to uninstall it? On the S7 Edge it is bloatware that you can only disable.
You can uninstall updates. I walked my brother through a similar scenario he was having with Chrome recently. Tried everything else first, including cache partition wipe, and ended up deleting updates then updating the bloatware.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><