Solved Anyone else having this issue?

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
If I am logged into the forum, it is barely usable. It took several attempts to even create this thread.

If I am logged in, the forum stalls, it times out. Clicking on a thread has it sitting there thinking for a minute and then redirects me to the main news page. Or I just get a blank screen...

If I log out and just view as a guest, the forum works perfectly. Fast, responsive, no time outs or delays. It works fine.

Log back in, barely usable, often taking 4 or 5 attempts to get a page to load. Does it in both IE(Edge, in Win10) and Chrome, which is really weird. Log back out, forum works fine.

How can the forum barely work if I am logged in, but totally fine if I am a guest?

Did I piss someone off and get a special setting applied to my account that makes it really hard to use the forum or something? LOL

OP
SquireSCA

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Additionally, I have tried a win7 laptop, a Linux laptop and my phone. Guest works fine. If I log into my account, it all goes to hell.

This can't be an issue with a particular machine or browser if 3 different computers with different os's and browsers, and a mobile device all have the same issue.

The second I log in, the forum runs like dial up, times out, weird redirects and make it nearly impossible to use. Once I finally manage to log out, suddenly it starts working fine? On all 4 devices?

Last edited:

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I'm not seeing those issues on my PC or through Tapatalk. There might be a few ways we can troubleshoot this. But lets see if the admins have some ideas

OP
SquireSCA

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is really weird. If I am not logged in, forum is at 100% for speed and user experience.

If I log into the forum, drops to 5-10% and I can barely get to things, read or post. Takes several attempts and timeouts to reply to you here.

If i log out, everything runs great but i obviously can't post. Been like this for a few weeks now.

Thought it was related to a win10 update, but the problem exists on my Nexus 6, and a win7 and Linux box. Doesn't matter what browser. Have not tried Tapatalk. But this has to be something related to my account to get the exact same results on 4 different devices with 4 different operating systems and 4 different browsers...

OP
SquireSCA

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ironically, the only device that seems affected by this, is my iPad.

But with the other 4 devices, I just checked and they are all able to browse the entire forum with ease, quickly and reliably. The second I log into my account, they all stop working properly and I can barely use the forum...

This is very frustrating that out of 5 devices, the only one I can use to access an android forum, is an Apple device. Lol

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Ironically, the only device that seems affected by this, is my iPad.
That's funny. Sorry for the rest of you troubles, but I can't help but chuckle at that.

@Jeffrey did you get a chance to check out Squire's account to see if anything was amiss?

Reactions: cr6

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
The account looks fine. I would clear cache on all devices and see if that fixes the issue..

OP
SquireSCA

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
That is really weird. Now it seems to work ok. How could I have the same problem though, on 4 different machines with 4 different OS's and using 4 different browsers? I even tried different browsers on the same machine and had the same problem...

Crazy....

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That is really weird. Now it seems to work ok. How could I have the same problem though, on 4 different machines with 4 different OS's and using 4 different browsers? I even tried different browsers on the same machine and had the same problem...

Crazy....
Sounds like my years of being a Verizon costumer. No matter the device, my signal sucked. No matter the location, my signal sucked. Had an iPad that was 3g capable on AT&T and its signal was excellent.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Strange!
Could it be cause you're perusing Android forums on an Apple device? Have you tried seeing how it performs visiting an Apple forum? Could be some newfangled Apple code to dissuade their sheeple from rubbing elbows with the competition. I know it's a stretch....just spit ballin here. That's an odd one for sure!
Ghost in the machine I reckon:confused:

S5 tap'n