Anybody else having problems with Swype since the update?

Chubbydog

Reaction score
I tried to update Swype yesterday, and haven't been able to use it since. I've tried uninstalling it, and reinstalling it, and nothing. It tries to turn on. Pops up for about half a second, but then goes to the Android keyboard. I'm using Slide it keyboard right now, but I think I still like Swype better. Anybody have any ideas how to get this working again?

MrKleen

Reaction score
Works fine for me too.

Actually its been a while since I've used Swype and it seems better than ever.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I tried to update Swype yesterday, and haven't been able to use it since. I've tried uninstalling it, and reinstalling it, and nothing. It tries to turn on. Pops up for about half a second, but then goes to the Android keyboard. I'm using Slide it keyboard right now, but I think I still like Swype better. Anybody have any ideas how to get this working again?

Have you tried uninstall both Swype and the installer? It sounds like it is thinking it has expired and the solution according to Swype is uninstall both, reinstall both.
Hope that helps

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From a Beano

stovesax

Reaction score
There is s thread in the Swype forums about this. It is related to the accessibility options in settings. You can get Swype to work by either disabling all the accessibility options (light flow is a common one) in settings or by disabling the stock android keyboard in the all apps list and then restarting your phone.

OP
C

Chubbydog

Reaction score
There is s thread in the Swype forums about this. It is related to the accessibility options in settings. You can get Swype to work by either disabling all the accessibility options (light flow is a common one) in settings or by disabling the stock android keyboard in the all apps list and then restarting your phone.

Thank you. That was the problem. I couldn't use it with light flow. I uninstalled this, turned off my android keyboard while swype was on, then reinstalled light flow. Everything is working now, but I just don't have the Android keyboard.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just got another Swype update this evening, not sure what it did.

Steve

Same here. It seems to have added a lag to mine when the keyboard first pops up. It could be coincidence because my phone has had a mind of its own all day even after a couple of reboots. Other than the lag I haven't noticed any changes. I might go to their forum and see if there are release notes in a thread or something
Edit. Nothing there more specific than bug fixes. It was broken on a bunch of devices with 4.1.2 and didn't work on the Note 2

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

WookieClaws

Reaction score
Same here. It seems to have added a lag to mine when the keyboard first pops up. It could be coincidence because my phone has had a mind of its own all day even after a couple of reboots.

I've had that pop-up for a while, it started about 3 updates ago now. Annoying, but I've learned to adapt. I saw that SwiftKey is adding a 'flow' option like Swype. But it will still do the text prediction SwiftKey is known for. I will check it out and see if it works any better than Swype

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've had that pop-up for a while, it started about 3 updates ago now. Annoying, but I've learned to adapt. I saw that SwiftKey is adding a 'flow' option like Swype. But it will still do the text prediction SwiftKey is known for. I will check it out and see if it works any better than Swype

If swift flow is as good as advertised it will easily dominate the aftermarket keyboard apps in short order imo.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

Durandgir

Reaction score
If swift flow is as good as advertised it will easily dominate the aftermarket keyboard apps in short order imo.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

It does look really nice, Swype has never really been that good IMO I'm only using it to adapt since 4.2 is rumored to have a "gesture input" keyboard which is swype basically from the rumor, and now with swift flow I really like the whole swiping approach.