Any way to stop polling at night?

asperber

Reaction score
I tried searching for this but had no luck. Is there any app you can download that will make your email accounts stop polling when the app. is run, such as at night? This would make it easier than having to go into each account and change the settings....

TIA

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Cant you just turn off syncing in the power widget?

I tried searching for this but had no luck. Is there any app you can download that will make your email accounts stop polling when the app. is run, such as at night? This would make it easier than having to go into each account and change the settings....

TIA

OP
A

asperber

Reaction score

TIA

That only seems to work with Gmail, but if I am using another email client it still seems to poll even when the sync is off...thanks tho for your help.

OP
A

asperber

Reaction score
The only thing that would help is to either switch the synch frequency to "NEVER" or switch the phone to "airplane mode"

There's no app that you can select that will change all your email accounts to "sync never"?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

TIA

That only works for synced accounts [ie Facebook and Google/Gmail]. As Gmail actually "pushes" e-mail, you are still likely to get at least SOME e-mails with sync off, but it will happen less.

If you're using the EMAIL app, You'll have to disable notifications...

Here's a list of apps that might allow you to setup automatic "profiles." I haven't looked through them all, but you should check them out. I know there are apps that will allow you to setup to have certain things disabled at certain times that you set [Like when you're trying to sleep]
Sound Profiles applications for Android? by popularity - AndroidZoom.com

Personally, I've disabled all notification of e-mail except for the LED light, so I only get bothered if I happen to see it flash. If you rely on your Droid for IMPORTANT e-mails, I'd suggest an app though.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Or, depending on the specific goal, maybe just turn off the notifications? There are apps for that.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Ah ok, I only use gmail. Sorry I couldn't help more.

remst8

Reaction score
Activate "Airplane mode", which disables the radios. No radios = no data in = no notifications. (This also means no phone calls or weather data, etc.)

beefamato

Reaction score
If you use the Sound Manager app you can schedule your vibe and sound notifications to turn off while you're sleeping. At least I think that's the idea.

M

Matth3w

What is it polling for? The congressional elections in November?