K-9 and/or Macro Question

LandruDesign

Reaction score
Greetings from Nashville!

I'm using the K-9 e-mail client. I have 2 different "Fetch" settings for all of my accounts: An "office" setting, for which no polling is done - and an "away" setting, for which polling is done every 5 minutes.

My question: Is there either a) a single place/button in K-9 that will make these changes at-once or b) a macro/script app that will automate this? Going through the multiple steps whenever I come and go from my office is more than a little tedious.

Thanks for any help.

C. Andrew Dunning
Landru Design
Nashville, TN

harrellj

Reaction score
Possibly (maybe), you might be able to accomplish this using Tasker. I'm not certain though. Alternatively, if you can't change the actual polling settings with Tasker (or access the profile to do so), you would definitely be able to change connectivity settings based off of location.

OP
L

LandruDesign

Reaction score
harrellj -

Thanks.

I had looked at Tasker, but it appeared to be intended for standard/recognized settings. I couldn't tell whether it was app-specific (at least regarding K-9).

As to connectivity settings based on locale, that isn't always the determining factor. And...connection and polling are 2 seperate things. I simply want to be able to make the settings changes at-will - and easily.

Thanks, though. Appreciated...

C. Andrew Dunning
Landru Design
Nashville, TN