any suggestions from T-bolt users?

Discussion in 'Thunderbolt Tech Support' started by dominator77, Apr 17, 2011.

1. dominator77

dominator77 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im starting to realize that its not very practical to have a phone that needs all kinds of techniques to try to save battery life. If you have to turn off wifi/gps/data just to get through a day, whats the point of having a smart phone? This is my first android phone and dont get me wrong its amazing but not sure if I wanna keep it. Anyone think its a bad idea to exchange for a regular phone?

2. stealthgriffin

Ratings:
    +0
    You can try it, but everyone that I have met that goes from a smart phone to a simple phone have regretted it immediately.

Try to pick up an extended battery, the larger one obviously adds a lot of life but is a little bigger.

The biggest thing that I have found is to have the auto-brightness turned off, and hit the lock button as soon as you're done with the phone.

Sent from my rooted Galaxy Tab

3. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,475
    My set up.

I have an extended battery
    lv kernel
    set cpu profiles set so screen of is throttled back to 600
    background data off
    lte set to 3g only when I am i a weak lte area

And my battery life is great. 6 hours of moderate use and I am at 90+% I will turn brightness up when I want to show off a photo or something but for regular use I dont need the screen that bright.

4. dominator77

dominator77 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I sort of did that allready (kind of)..exhanged it for a droid 2 thinking smaller screen= better battery life but nothing about that phone compared. Had to buy the tb again wanting to get used to it but $500.00 later, still unsure.

5. neoflex

neoflex New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you done the bump charge? Since doing that and just being smart about all of the typical settings I went from 4-5hrs max to going a full day no problem.

6. dominator77

dominator77 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What is bump charge?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

7. cdogg777

cdogg777 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    In short, a bump charge is when you plug your phone in to charge it, then disconnect it after it says full, and plug it back in. Doing this a few times is supposed to bump up the capacity of the battery. While it does work, it lowers the overall life of your battery.