any one? pixelpipe.com?

Bigt

Reaction score
any one know if pixel pipe works with the droid? my friend got the new mimo today and he wanted me to try out pixelpipe.

BigT Does! :motdroidvert:

Reaction score
I tried it and it gets your stuff to where you want to send it, but it crushes the resolution. Therefore, I stick with Shozu. There's no app on Android, but I use the email addy for my personal account and do it that way.

JayMonster

Reaction score
I use Pixelpipe on the Droid with no issues. It may very well reduce the resolution... but when I am uploading them (usually to TwitPic or Facebook), I don't really care if it is not "full resolution" since they are intended for viewing on the screen anyway, so I never actually checked to see if it is compressing the pictures before sending. But again to answer you question directly, yes it DOES work on the Droid.

backlash

Reaction score
I've been using it to upload to photobucket for a while now. No issues. When normall upload to photobucket, I reduce the image size anyway.

Been working fine, BUT when I take a screenshot of my home screens and use pixel pipe to upload the pics don't upload...................other pictures work though. I don't know what the problem is.

mad3963

Reaction score
when I take a screenshot of my home screens and use pixel pipe to upload the pics don't upload...................other pictures work though. I don't know what the problem is.

I just did this with screenshots I took with the new Home++ feature. Uploaded fine for me thru Pixel Pipe to Photobucket.

backlash

Reaction score
That didn't work for me. Odd. When I view the screenshots on my phone, the extension is Jpeg, but when I email the images, it's a PNG.

When you uploaded your screenshots to photobucket via pixelpipe, did they upload as "jpg" or as "PNG" files?

mad3963

Reaction score
That didn't work for me. Odd. When I view the screenshots on my phone, the extension is Jpeg, but when I email the images, it's a PNG.

When you uploaded your screenshots to photobucket via pixelpipe, did they upload as "jpg" or as "PNG" files?

Uploaded as .jpg (show as .jpg on phone also). I used the Photobucket upload app from Pixel Pipe and uploaded direct from my phone.

backlash

Reaction score
Are you using Lite or Pro?

I'm using Lite, when I got into settings and view recent uploads, all of the screenshots I uploaded show up as question marks, like pixel pipe doesn't even recognize the file format. Doh! This is frustrating.

mad3963

Reaction score
Are you using Lite or Pro?

I'm using Lite, when I got into settings and view recent uploads, all of the screenshots I uploaded show up as question marks, like pixel pipe doesn't even recognize the file format. Doh! This is frustrating.

I used the free Photobucket Media Uploader from Pixelpipe, not the Lite or Pro versions of Pixelpipe Post & Upload.

backlash

Reaction score
I got one to work, but it was stupid how I had to do it.

Take screenshot, it saves.
Go into Astro file viewer, rename the image (screen1.jpg)
Then pixel pipe recognizes the file.

Makes no sense, because when I got into Astro File viewer, the file is already a jpg, but it's something like 1223342323544.jpg
If I go into pixel pipe before renaming the file, pixel pipe doesn't even SEE the picture.

After I renamed the file to screen1(still jpg), when I upload via pixel pipe to my photobucket account................it's uploaded as a freaking PNG file!

I is confused.

mad3963

Reaction score
I got one to work, but it was stupid how I had to do it.

Take screenshot, it saves.
Go into Astro file viewer, rename the image (screen1.jpg)
Then pixel pipe recognizes the file.

Makes no sense, because when I got into Astro File viewer, the file is already a jpg, but it's something like 1223342323544.jpg
If I go into pixel pipe before renaming the file, pixel pipe doesn't even SEE the picture.

After I renamed the file to screen1(still jpg), when I upload via pixel pipe to my photobucket account................it's uploaded as a freaking PNG file!

I is confused.

Hmmmm, don't know what else to tell ya, other than it sounds like I am using a slightly different uploader than you. It recognized the .jpg images without having to do anything special and uploaded to Photobucket as .jpg images.

backlash

Reaction score
I just installed the photobucket specific pixel pipe, no go. I even uninstalled and reinstalled pixel pipe lite, still no go unless I rename the files, retarded. :(