Any New ROMs?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
So is there anything new ROM wise? Only thing I can see is EncounterICS.

I know the DX is obsolete, but I am stuck with it for a few months still and its gonna be a long few months with no new ROMs...

EDIT: I activated the phone September of 2010, so I'm stuck til May of 2012...

X

Last edited:

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
Its not obsolete. facepalm

Devices:
DroidX: EncounterICS Beta 3
Lg Revolution: Gingervolt 1.3
Motorola Droid (Retired)
Motorola Cliq (Retired)

Last edited:
OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its not obsolete. facepalm

Devices:
Motorola Droid (Retired)
Motorola Cliq (Retired)

I was aware of EncounterICS, which is why I stated so in the first post. There's nothing else new other than MIUI, maybe a CM7 build and Encounter (which is kinda far from being a daily driver IMO). MIUI and CM7 have been basically the same for awhile except for small tweaks here and there.

Development on the X seems to be pretty much dead.

X

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was aware of EncounterICS, which is why I stated so in the first post. There's nothing else new other than MIUI, maybe a CM7 build and Encounter (which is kinda far from being a daily driver IMO). MIUI and CM7 have been basically the same for awhile except for small tweaks here and there.

X

Brad, firstEncounter now has a spare X so development may be a bit quicker.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

haxerpaylay

Reaction score

X

Me and my team are attemping to develop a from for it now. :D

Devices:
Motorola Droid (Retired)
Motorola Cliq (Retired)

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Awesome. Once Encounter is stable, only thing I would miss is the long press search key assigned to an app and the back button task killer. I use both multiple times every day.

X

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
Awesome. Once Encounter is stable, only thing I would miss is the long press search key assigned to an app and the back button task killer. I use both multiple times every day.

X

Ok. That's something I was defignitly gonna put into mine, if possible. I'm gonna make a thread soon asking what people want in a ics rom.

Devices:
Motorola Droid (Retired)
Motorola Cliq (Retired)

Snowcrash

Reaction score

X

That's strange considering my Droid X running APEX with some personal tweaking keeps amazing people and has yet to back down from any application I throw at it. And considering U.I., Boot animation, theme can all be changed and have a huge variety I am at a loss to what it is your looking for in a rom.??

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like new ROMs. What can I say, I ran Apex back in May and June, it was a good ROM and I enjoyed it. Fabolous has since moved on to the Galaxy Nexus.

I've been on CM7 for awhile now. I've done custom boot animations, UI tweaks, hacks and more.

The X is old and doesn't have an unlocked bootloader and as much of a cult following like the OG Droid. Which sucks, but its fact. It just sucks that there are people like me, that enjoy Modding their phone, are locked into an older phone.

X

Snowcrash

Reaction score
Yeah I hear ya. When you say "locked in" is that because of a carrier contract? I'm still about 6 months from an upgrade and I have no idea what to get next. You seem to have a pretty good grasp on Android devices any suggestions for my next device? I've been looking at the Bionic... Any feedback would be greatly appreciated:)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, my upgrade isn't until May 27th, so its gonna be a long wait haha. I can't afford to pay full price for a new phone, so I've gotta wait.

As for phones, if I had to choose based on what is out there right now, I would choose the Galaxy Nexus or the HTC Rezound. The RAZR isn't a bad phone, but its Motorola and has a locked bootloader. The Bionic seems like it has had a bunch of issues and it doesn't help consumer confidence when Motorola released the RAZR a month after the Bionic.

If the X had an unlocked bootloader, we most likely would have a fully functioning ICS ROM by now. Look at the Droid 1. It still has development after over 2 years.

Anyway, thats just my opinion. You really need to go up to Verizon and play with each phone to see which one you like and will be comfortable with for 2 years.

Good luck,
-Brad

X

Last edited: