Any instructions on putting the ICS leaks on a stock bionic?

ml3000

Reaction score
I am not so used to the Bionic as I have a nexus but my wife would like to try this out. I am familiar with the general terms and process of RSD and things but I was wondering if anyone could point me in the correction direction of doing this. Do i need to have root already with stock? Do i need to boot strap it or since its a leak will it load on the stock recovery for the bionic. Thanks!

dfib

Reaction score
If you have never rooted your bionic and are on stock 5.9.905 you can download the latest leak here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...ionic-ics-update-6-7-230-a-2.html#post2173554 then add it to the sd-ext card. Power off the phone, then hold both the volume buttons and the power button until a menu appears. volume down to recovery, volume to select. when the droid shows up with the ! press the volume up and down together again. Your recovery screen appears. Volume down to install zip, power button to accept. Find the ICS file with volume up or down and select again with power button. Then yes and when it is done back out to the first screen and select reboot phone.

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
To add to the instructions, it may take only 10 minutes from putting the file in the root of the sd card (to be exact, SD-EXT) to complete, but most of that will be the final reboot.