Any decent Photo Dialers?

jodyberry

Reaction score
I had Phoneface for my Blackberry, but the version for the Droid has lots of bad reviews. Are there any other apps similar? Seems it should be easy to find but I sure can't!!

All I want is a photo dialer that I could put about 5 or 6 thumbnails that, when tapped, would dial or bring up a submenu. Here's one I also liked on my BB: PictureDial for Storm - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

Basic, but it did what I wanted!!

Thanks all...

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
PhoneFace Lite Photo Speeddial v1.0.4 Application for Android | Tools
Try the free version if you'd like... at least if it's not to your liking you don't have to worry about a charge/return on your credit card.

QuickDial v2.4.6 Application for Android | Communication
QuickDial... another similar app

aTAKEphONE contact dialer v1.10 (008) Application for Android | Communication
aTakePhone...

Contacts Blast v1.8.4 Application for Android | Communication
Contacts Blast

They're all similar in what they offer... not sure if any of them will work for you but at least gives you something to tinker with for your Droid :)

OP
J

jodyberry

Reaction score
THANKS MARTIN!!

QuickDial is exactly what I was looking for! Purchased it and it's working great.

Thanks again...

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Why not just add a Direct Dial shortcut to the Home screen or a folder.

When I add a Direct Dial shortcut to the Home page (or folder) using a Contact that has a Pic/Icon it adds the shortcut with the pic. Same goes for Messaging Shortcuts etc.

Sounds like the same thing you are talking about and it is native to the Droid without another app.

jkayner

Reaction score
you know i used to use something like this on my windows mobile phone, but i find the stock Contacts app is almost the same thing. Sure the pictures are smaller, but if you have the contacts app open up to your favorites, the functionality is the same. I think Google should tweak their app to allow a larger photo view as an option.

PS i still have a folder for direct TXT and another for direct dial on my home screen

coolkidd

Reaction score
you know i used to use something like this on my windows mobile phone, but i find the stock Contacts app is almost the same thing. Sure the pictures are smaller, but if you have the contacts app open up to your favorites, the functionality is the same. I think Google should tweak their app to allow a larger photo view as an option.

PS i still have a folder for direct TXT and another for direct dial on my home screen

I like the one that Sony Xperia X2 has (the rotating contact list)... I'll definitely buy this app whenever it becomes available...

For now, I have folders with quick contacts in them:)

topaz330

Reaction score
any dialer out there where it narrows down to contacts and previous dialed numbers as you start dialing in the number?

holee

Reaction score
I liked the SPB Dialer on my Windows Mobile phone the best. I haven't been able to replicate that experience completely, unfortunately.

The photo dialers out there for Android are functional, but I haven't found one I would consider elegant. That applies to the shortcut option as well.