Another soak test for turbo??

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I took the plunge and did the Mofo root. Haven't gotten all the bells and whistles installed (adblock, xposed), but it was surprisingly easy (aside from actually paying for it, because Paypal was being tempermental and I REALLY didn't want to use my credit card, but caved).

One of the things I've missed without root is a scheduled reboot nightly (which my Turbo needs, at least, probably because of a few less than perfectly coded apps). And now with Locale and Quickboot I can schedule this nightly!

Next task is to install a script to delete files older than 3 days for my GReader...I download a bunch of articles to read offline, and it doesn't delete the old articles like it's supposed to.

With all that, my phone will be boss. I will say, however, I lost like 6gigs of storage with Lollipop. Darn good thing I got the 64gig version because I only have about 40gigs left for music, videos and pics.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Interesting, well this definitely had some effect on the battery, because mine is now AWFUL! I've lost about 50% in 3 hours. Normally I'd be at about 50% by the time I go to bed at 3am. It says CM Browser was using 67% of the battery when I haven't even opened it since I updated it last night. Not sure what happened there, going to re install Juice Defender Ultimate for a bit and see if that helps.

Shame cause I was madly in love with this battery. Guess every great couple get's into a fight here and there...

m@tt

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1437671548334.png

With the first 5.1 update my battery would be dead about this time.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Interesting, well this definitely had some effect on the battery, because mine is now AWFUL! I've lost about 50% in 3 hours. Normally I'd be at about 50% by the time I go to bed at 3am. It says CM Browser was using 67% of the battery when I haven't even opened it since I updated it last night. Not sure what happened there, going to re install Juice Defender Ultimate for a bit and see if that helps.

Shame cause I was madly in love with this battery. Guess every great couple get's into a fight here and there...
You may need to clear your cache, or simply reboot your phone..my battery life took a bit until I did a factory data reset.. Now my battery life is pretty awesome.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
You may need to clear your cache, or simply reboot your phone..my battery life took a bit until I did a factory data reset.. Now my battery life is pretty awesome.

I've tried several reboots to no avail, but I have not cleared the cache. Is this where I simply go into the settings and select clear cache? Or are you referring to doing a full FDR to clear it? Juice defender made no difference either, and even though I closed CM Browser hours ago, GSAM still lists it as taking 67% of battery!

Edit: Nevermind, just saw the sticky on the front page, I'll try that now and report back, thank you!

m@tt

Reaction score
Need to power off, hold down volume down and power key for 5 second.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Clearing the cache seems to have fixed it, good to go once again and back to the best phone I've had to date!

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I myself am anxious for the new droids this year..will any of them be "turbo" caliber?? And then will moto and vzw drop the ball??

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I myself am anxious for the new droids this year..will any of them be "turbo" caliber?? And then will moto and vzw drop the ball??

No, they are basically re-releasing the Turbo, this time called "Moto X3"

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
That's the motox3 there will be droids released in a few months..idk if they're going to be a significant step up..that's always the "wait n see" part..

JDH

Reaction score
I like the looks of a all vender moto x pure except the screen is even bigger.
$399 + on moto maker soon

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
In all candor, best overall phone I've used and, it's not even close.
For sure. Unless it's upended by the X Pure. Device looks sexy.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
. It says CM Browser was using 67% of the battery when I haven't even opened it since I updated it last night.

Firefox did that to me once. The woman who monitors our work phones sent me a text "I just got a notice that you are at almost 7GB this period?".

I check, and Firefox had used 6.5GB on BACKGROUND PROCESSES. No idea what caused that but I truend FF "background data access" off.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Facebook is the current data hog..I'm hardly on it and it uses the most data..I even foreclose is and it still uses a ton of data..