Another Droid X Down...Possible SBF Help Needed.

barski

Reaction score
So here's my deal. This morning I grab my phone to do the normal checks of whats happening in the world and notice my bottom keys aren't working, no lights either. So i hit the power button, swiped to unlock, checked my texts and replied to a few, then i couldn't figure out how to get back to the home screen cause the buttons weren't working. So i held the power button and shut it down. Then it attempted to boot up. It hits the yellow liberty fist for a few seconds then vibrates and goes black. I tried every means possible to get into clockwork and to get it to boot with no luck.
So I went into the bootloader and SBF'd back to froyo (was on liberty GB .5) RSDlite says it passed, but the phone still won't boot. Just sits on the moto boot logo and i still can't hit recovery (keys still don't work, but do have light on them now).

I used RSD lite many times, and sbf'd many times. I think my phone may just be junk.

Can someone shed some light on this for me? I know your supposed to wipe some stuff after you sbf but i can't get there because the keys don't work. And if someone says Use Linux to SBF...i might just loose it. (only version of linux i use is backtrack and that's for war-driving:D)

Edit: I think this will be my 6th or 7th certified like new replacement, and i had 2 brand new ones before i started receiving like new replacements. Can i now demand a new phone from verizon?

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The lights not working are a problem with Gingerbread. Had the same issue on my D2. So I SBF, just like you did, it said successful and it got stuck at the M Logo. Just like you.

I tried several more SBF's and nothing worked. I declared it bricked and called Verizon. They sent me out a new phone. Of course I didn't mention anything about anything I did with my phone. Sounds like you'll be doing the same thing.

OP
barski

barski

Reaction score
The lights not working are a problem with Gingerbread. Had the same issue on my D2. So I SBF, just like you did, it said successful and it got stuck at the M Logo. Just like you.

I tried several more SBF's and nothing worked. I declared it bricked and called Verizon. They sent me out a new phone. Of course I didn't mention anything about anything I did with my phone. Sounds like you'll be doing the same thing.

Actually i already did call Verizon, and my new phone will be here tomorrow. ahaha

I still would like to figure out why it did that tho. I flashed from gingerbread before back to froyo with no problems. but that was from liberty 0.1 not 0.5 I had noticed my phone acting flaky days before so i tried to create a backup using rom manager, but it would just shut off and turn black. Never tried getting into recovery to do a back up.