Android's Law Plagues Us All

Status
Not open for further replies.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Obsolescence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

since we're defining things haha...there's exactly what we're talking about...

Yes, you should try reading your own link. FUNCTIONAL obsolescence is what is relevant, and people are arguing technical obsolescence which from a user perspective is often trivial.

Back to you VCR example, it's obsolete because you really can't rent VHS tapes anymore. I can still get plenty of good apps for 2.0 and Froyo on the D1. That's the difference between functional and technical obsolescence. Technical obsolescence is itself rather subjective - everything starts down that curve the day after it's bought but functional obsolescence is a much different animal.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I love this thread :D:D:D

Sent from the F-Zero cockpit on my D2G

Cdjones187

Reaction score

Yes, you should try reading your own link. FUNCTIONAL obsolescence is what is relevant, and people are arguing technical obsolescence which from a user perspective is often trivial.

Back to you VCR example, it's obsolete because you really can't rent VHS tapes anymore. I can still get plenty of good apps for 2.0 and Froyo on the D1. That's the difference between functional and technical obsolescence. Technical obsolescence is itself rather subjective - everything starts down that curve the day after it's bought but functional obsolescence is a much different animal.

Still on about this? D1 is obsolete as in out dated, no longer supported, will not have a upgrade after EOL (which was 6 or so months ago), discontinued.... Obsolete has multiple definitions, and the one your referring to is completely different than what is actually being said. Your referring to obsolete as in does not work any more. Android apps are multi-platform, so of course there are still plenty of good apps. You can also get those same apps on android 1.5, which is WAY obsolete. If its not up to date, its obsolete. Get it???

kptphalkon

Reaction score

Still on about this? D1 is obsolete as in out dated, no longer supported, will not have a upgrade after EOL (which was 6 or so months ago), discontinued.... Obsolete has multiple definitions, and the one your referring to is completely different than what is actually being said. Your referring to obsolete as in does not work any more. Android apps are multi-platform, so of course there are still plenty of good apps. You can also get those same apps on android 1.5, which is WAY obsolete. If its not up to date, its obsolete. Get it???

+1 and seconded. I dont care about televisions or playback/storage media or cars, in the tech world when something no longer has support it is an outdated, obsolete product.

Just because you can find parts for your pentium 3 dell optiplex gx110 on ebay doesnt mean it is a modernly useful device.

UNC

Reaction score
So, since it still has official Apple support, you are admitting here that the iPhone 3g/3gs is NOT obsolete, but the Droid is??

I'm not arguing with that, I just want to know if that is what you're saying? The original iPhone 3g came out what 30 months ago?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Your mother is an outdated dinosaur, how about that one.

The biggest thing i can say about the iphone line is that the hardware has damn near no differentiation between the 3gs and 4.

If you want to talk about the droid1 vs my D2G, go ahead. Bootloader issues aside, i can still beat your performance. Just not the battery life lol

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
This has run it's course......

:closed_2:

Status
Not open for further replies.