Android TV Box - No Picture

speedy2803

Reaction score
I own an M8 TV Box, it was working perfectly but one day I turned on TVMC(It's a mod of xbmc) and my speakers started crackling and I lost picture.

TVMC never gave me any problems before, I'm not sure if it is TVMCs fault.

My Android box works with a bigger and newer TV that I have.
Also, my box is able to display picture on the old TV at HDMI 576p - this is way too low of a quality - I don't know what could have happened it worked fine on 720p before, but now my TV just says "No Signal"

I've tried changing cables, Can't change port as there is only one, tried messing with the settings - but I ran out of ideas.

It doesn't look like its the TVs fault as my Xbox and skybox work perfectly fine.

Can anybody help me please?
Thank you for any help.

I know that this is a phone site but I don't know where to look for help.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Welcome to the Forum. I know when I had an issue with my TV Box a Factory Reset usually cleared it up.
Have you tried doing a reset?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Another thought, though unlikely, are you using the same port in the back of the TV this whole time for the android box? Ie, if the xbox works perfectly in HDMI 1, but you're having issues with the android TV box in HDMI 2, have you tried swapping these to see if it fixes the issue? This one is a long shot, but since you say the box works fine on another TV, it's not totally crazy to think that the port could be messed up on the TV itself.

OP
S

speedy2803

Reaction score
Another thought, though unlikely, are you using the same port in the back of the TV this whole time for the android box? Ie, if the xbox works perfectly in HDMI 1, but you're having issues with the android TV box in HDMI 2, have you tried swapping these to see if it fixes the issue? This one is a long shot, but since you say the box works fine on another TV, it's not totally crazy to think that the port could be messed up on the TV itself.
Thanks, but the TV only has one port

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Thanks, but the TV only has one port
Ah. Gotchya. Wasn't sure if you meant the TV or the box had one port.

Still, if the Xbox works in that port, I'd lean towards the cable, which you said you swapped, or the Android box, so I agree that a factory reset is the next logical step.

OP
S

speedy2803

Reaction score
Okay so , I realised the usual way to do a factory reset doesn't work! Going into settings and doing factory rest.

So I tried a hard reset - the way you have to do it is to put a tooth pick in the av hole and there is a button in there and keep holding it and plug the box in.

No matter what I do the box just turns on as normal!

No factory reset done!

I ran out of ideas!

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Okay so , I realised the usual way to do a factory reset doesn't work! Going into settings and doing factory rest.

So I tried a hard reset - the way you have to do it is to put a tooth pick in the av hole and there is a button in there and keep holding it and plug the box in.

No matter what I do the box just turns on as normal!

No factory reset done!

I ran out of ideas!
I think you need to hold the button down, plug in and wait till the lights flash. Then release the button. BTW, which box do you have?

OP
S

speedy2803

Reaction score
I think you need to hold the button down, plug in and wait till the lights flash. Then release the button. BTW, which box do you have?
I have the M8 OTT TV Box

f565bef0ba3971285d45fe50fae01951.jpg

Thanks