Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welcome to the forum Fisherman22! I used to have an S3 before upgrading, but I still have the MHL cable that went with it, so I just connected my S5 (running 4.4.4) and it works fine.
VL6wU3e.jpg
it's worked for the past couple of OS updates.
If anything, I would have expected hers not to work on the latest lollipop update, as initially there were some similar compatibility issues with 5.0 update. That said, let me do a little digging on our S5 sister forum, as I think this very same issue has popped up before.
Hang in there,I'll let you know if I find some useful information to help your situation.

You know, I do recall the S3 had to have a compatible MHL cable to work. Meaning other similar MHL cables would not work on the S3, even though they looked identical. It should work if you initially purchased the cable for the S3. But if it's specifically for the S5, it may not be compatible with your device. Yeah, I know that doesn't make much sense, but I'll try and find that info for you. In the meantime, can you tell me the brand and model/sku number of MHL cable you're using.

Last edited:

fisherman22

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
galaxy s3
Yes..Its quite strange how some work and some dont..I just have the don't.. thanks for helping..