Android: The new king of the mobile castle

Status
Not open for further replies.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What does Verizon's LTE have to do with the topic of this thread? Lets get back on topic, please.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
What does Verizon's LTE have to do with the topic of this thread? Lets get back on topic, please.

haha...this made me laugh for some reason. this thread is a lost cause, hook. it's three fanboys who refuse to accept that ios is just as good (maybe better) an OS as android.

chaz.ring

Reaction score

haha...this made me laugh for some reason. this thread is a lost cause, hook. it's three fanboys who refuse to accept that ios is just as good (maybe better) an OS as android.
More funny you lumped me in on that one... You Sir are a Jack ass

Sent from my incredible using slideit on tapatalk

chaz.ring

Reaction score
Czerdrill,
Did you even read my first post in this thread?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
hey chaz, you actually are right on that one...i shouldn't have lumped in on that one, because you did mention that you agreed with me on points so calling you a fanboy is wrong as you didnt even mention anything about android vs iphone. i do apologize for that.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
kodiak799 said:
This^^^. The tremendous brand value Apple has lays with IPhone, not IOS.
And here's a direct link to that post, a post where you're agreeing with Darkseider (LOL) who said:

So...you're not implying that it's the brand and not the quality of the product? That's odd, because that's exactly what it reads like. Hmmm...guess I've been talking to you too long. Your lack of comprehension must be rubbing off on me...nahhhh...that can't be it...it sounds like a backpedal to me...but what do i know, right?

What you highlighted are not mutually exclusive statements. Your inability to grasp strategy and the concepts of brand prevent you from seeing this. To say "the strength of IPhone's brand lays with the marketing" does not imply the product is not of good quality, a point I've clarified several times.

The other highlighted statement is comical, since you yourself have commented on how people buy the IPhone because it's an IPhone, without knowing much of anything about specs, IOS, etc... Again, that doesn't imply the IPhone is not of good quality, just that the dominant factor in the purchase decision stems from marketing and the brand.

chaz.ring

Reaction score
hey chaz, you actually are right on that one...i shouldn't have lumped in on that one, because you did mention that you agreed with me on points so calling you a fanboy is wrong as you didnt even mention anything about android vs iphone. i do apologize for that.

Fair enough, we let ourselves get pretty heated when we feel strongly about things. I'm too guilty of that and apologise for that.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This thread better get back on track pretty quick or this thread will be closed.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score

OMG, WHO said that? More false attributions. Yet, when it's been pointed out to you that both OS's do some things better than the other, you come up with off-the-wall arguments that basically boil down to a fan boy belief that people only own Android because they didn't have IOS as choice. This is quite the humorous admission of yours since your posts wreak of an IPhone fanboy who appears desperate to believe Android can't compete with IOS.

There's only one fanboy in this thread that has been arguing (poorly) that IPhone will dominate Android despite the fact that the hypotheticals he bases that on are dubious at best, if not completely impractical. Like multiple IPhone devices won't happen for a very long time, if ever and IOS isn't going to be licensed any time soon, if ever. And despite "everyone having to have an IPhone", hundreds of millions of people have gone years without it.

chaz.ring

Reaction score
Hehe.... I think the jeopardy song is playing in here... Ummm, what is closed?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Hehe.... I think the jeopardy song is playing in here... Ummm, what is closed?

Yeah, I'm done....What was the topic again? Oh, the new king of the mobile castle. Not sure how this debate has been off topic, at least as it relates to strategy.

Android is here to stay. But what's Apple's response going to be? I stand by Apple will be very satisfied to control 20-25%, the most profitable 20-25%, of a market that's about to explode with LTE. The margin on PC's is pretty lousy (unless you are MS or Intel), except for Mac. I don't see why Apple would view the cell market any differently.

The dubious part of that article is that Win Mobile 7 or whatever it is can make take significant share. Sure, the office and exchange integration is a great thing to leverage, but it just feels like the ship has sailed for MS in mobile.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
kodiak799 said:
This^^^. The tremendous brand value Apple has lays with IPhone, not IOS.
And here's a direct link to that post, a post where you're agreeing with Darkseider (LOL) who said:

So...you're not implying that it's the brand and not the quality of the product? That's odd, because that's exactly what it reads like. Hmmm...guess I've been talking to you too long. Your lack of comprehension must be rubbing off on me...nahhhh...that can't be it...it sounds like a backpedal to me...but what do i know, right?

What you highlighted are not mutually exclusive statements. Your inability to grasp strategy and the concepts of brand prevent you from seeing this. To say "the strength of IPhone's brand lays with the marketing" does not imply the product is not of good quality, a point I've clarified several times.

The other highlighted statement is comical, since you yourself have commented on how people buy the IPhone because it's an IPhone, without knowing much of anything about specs, IOS, etc... Again, that doesn't imply the IPhone is not of good quality, just that the dominant factor in the purchase decision stems from marketing and the brand.

For the billionth time...i did NOT say that you said the iphone is a bad product...good god man what is wrong with you? your responses make me think your severely developmentally challenged. i did NOT say that you said the iphone is a bad product. i did NOT say that you said the iphone is a bad product. i did NOT say that you said the iphone is a bad product. i did NOT say that you said the iphone is a bad product.

please, please, please stop acting as if i said that. i did NOT SAY THAT you said the IPHONE IS A BAD PRODUCT.

you need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.