Android Piracy: A Walk Down Memory Plank

appdaddy

Reaction score
Cm 6.0.0!!!

Speaking of Piracy.... CM 6.0.0 stable release is out!!!! Lol, just thought ya'll would wanna know... dancedroid

phatkat66

Reaction score
I strongly suggest this post and any others quoting or posting "its as easy as [instructions on pirating]" be erased. You might not think you are but you ARE giving wanna be pirates the easiest instruction to stealing apps. I feel terrible for the devs because of this simple process.

Good job quoting how to yourself.

It includes my own post.

ROFL

I strongly suggest this post and any others quoting or posting "its as easy as [instructions on pirating]" be erased. You might not think you are but you ARE giving wanna be pirates the easiest instruction to stealing apps. I feel terrible for the devs because of this simple process.

Honestly, I don't think anyone pirating apps *doesn't* know how to do that, so I didn't think it was that big of a deal. I'm sure it's posted elsewhere on the forum too.

But yeah, when it comes to Android apps, there's no real good reason to pirate, if you are paying for a data plan, you probably can afford a $3 app.

I know SpeedX uses a neat little code block that checks if it was installed via Market, and only works if it is to prevent the backup/refund method.

There is a sticky thread up (I dont remember where) stating any talk of pirating apps on the forums is strictly prohibited. So I don't think anyone will find out how to do it anywhere here except for this thread. And although it may seem like if you can pay a 100$ phone plan you should be able to spend an extra 3$ for an app that 100$ someone spends on their plan might be their LAST 100$ so that leaves them with not much left for anything extra. And there are ALOT of wonderful apps that cost 1 - 3$ and it adds up pretty quickly. Im just contributing my opinion on the topic ^_^ thats what the threads are for right?

hemorrdroid

Reaction score

It includes my own post.

If you think a post has something that should be edited out (the one you quoted, i agree, should be edited out) do not quote it, then when/if they edit it, your post will still show the offensive material.

UNC

Reaction score
It's so easy to combat.... Just have a validation system like "Policestream"... Require the google checkout receipt number to be entered in for the app to work....

Maybe if Big Red blocks sideloading and has Google remove adp access they could slow down the other types of piracy.... (Blocks sideloading???? Am I talking about Verizon or AT&T??)