Android new interesting app development idea

nivedha

Reaction score
Hey friends!
I am a basic android app developer and i have developed 2 simple android apps. Now i have downloaded a lots of android ebooks and i am very earger to learn and develop an interesting android app.
I need a simple and new interesting idea to develop an android app for my final year project. i would be grateful if the idea is not implemented before in the market.
Thanks in advance.

ynotamil

Reaction score
New idea

There are very few around and none that I know off that is a simple automatically triggered WHITE LIST. An app that at X time starts filtering the calls and allowing thru only the ones from contacts in the WHITE LIST. Then at X + 1 time, switches off and lets all calls thru. Also an option to go SILENT automatically at X+2 time, (kind of after midnight) or whenever the user decides. A simple requirement for everyone that does not want to be disturbed at night by clients or sales people or spammers, only family. Simple, but I just can't find one. Lots of BLACK LIST apps though, but no WHITE LIST.
ynotamil

OP
N

nivedha

Reaction score
There are very few around and none that I know off that is a simple automatically triggered WHITE LIST. An app that at X time starts filtering the calls and allowing thru only the ones from contacts in the WHITE LIST. Then at X + 1 time, switches off and lets all calls thru. Also an option to go SILENT automatically at X+2 time, (kind of after midnight) or whenever the user decides. A simple requirement for everyone that does not want to be disturbed at night by clients or sales people or spammers, only family. Simple, but I just can't find one. Lots of BLACK LIST apps though, but no WHITE LIST.
ynotamil

sir,
Thanks for your idea but i guess it is implemented already in the following apps :
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flo.ringerwhitelist&hl=en
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.tn_software.callblocker

Plz check it sir !!!!
Oly unimplemented apps will be permitted for us to develop in our project. So, can u plz suggest some other ideas too sir .Thank you in advance sir.

ynotamil

Reaction score
About ideas

Thanks for the links. Tried them before. None does what I want. You could also consider writing an app that reverses the function of the POWER ON/OFF switch of the S3 and I think of the S4 also. The way that Samsung made that switch gives the impression that the most important thing on those 2 models is the power off button. A very light touch on that button and the phone cuts a call and asks if you want to power it off. No need to apply any pressure; just a VERY light touch. On the other hand, to power on the phone we have to use some pressure and hold the button down for a sec or 2. For me that is insane and it should be the other way around. And Samsung is so proud of that INVENTION that they (apparently) carried it over to the new S4. I will welcome and pay for an app that can invert that situation: to switch off LONG press; to switch ON a light touch. I also vote for a new position of the POWER on /off button on a future "S5". As is, it is too much at hand. It should be either on top or at the bottom of the phone. The last time I powered off the phone was 3 or 4 weeks ago; can't even remember when. So why having the power off switch always at hand when we hold the phone? Still can't figure out the idea behind it.

ynot

OP
N

nivedha

Reaction score
Thanks for the links. Tried them before. None does what I want. You could also consider writing an app that reverses the function of the POWER ON/OFF switch of the S3 and I think of the S4 also. The way that Samsung made that switch gives the impression that the most important thing on those 2 models is the power off button. A very light touch on that button and the phone cuts a call and asks if you want to power it off. No need to apply any pressure; just a VERY light touch. On the other hand, to power on the phone we have to use some pressure and hold the button down for a sec or 2. For me that is insane and it should be the other way around. And Samsung is so proud of that INVENTION that they (apparently) carried it over to the new S4. I will welcome and pay for an app that can invert that situation: to switch off LONG press; to switch ON a light touch. I also vote for a new position of the POWER on /off button on a future "S5". As is, it is too much at hand. It should be either on top or at the bottom of the phone. The last time I powered off the phone was 3 or 4 weeks ago; can't even remember when. So why having the power off switch always at hand when we hold the phone? Still can't figure out the idea behind it.

ynot

Fyne sir !!!!
But this is a add upon feature but i knew to create oly apps :(