Android Market place issue?

BMeyer

Reaction score
Suddenly this past week my android marketplace application doesn't seem to be displaying "My Apps" normally? Instead of listing my apps, I get a gray screen with 2 buttons to choose from to display "apps" or "games". When I select one, I get a normal marketplace listing of "available" apps. I then have to search for my installed apps to see if any updates are available for them individually.

Is this something new, or has my Marketplace app been hijacked? I did get a strange app displayed in the marketplace today for a SOPA app. Seemed very strange...

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

DroidMoose

Reaction score
I think a known issue by google. I have had similar for weeks. I only see the bloat apps in my apps most of the time.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

kamisan

Reaction score
if you wanna try this get the eris market fix and titanium backup. detach all of your apps from the market with titanium backup then run the eris market fix . reboot then back to titanium backup reattach less than 100 apps to the market . reboot goto your market look at my apps page. this worked for me . when you re attach applications make sure they are valid market applications. do not attached sideload or third party applications.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
B

BMeyer

Reaction score
Thanks, I downloaded the fix and blindly just installed it without wiping my Market App links in Titainium backup first. And it worked immediately.

Just for clarification though, this is an actual issue that has yet to be formally resolved by the Android Markeyplace?

kamisan

Reaction score
Yes google knows of the issue, and is doing little to nothing. I think the see it as 90% aftermarket custom community so they don't care. There is a fix also for the web version of market not showing past page 10. It is an addon to your browser, works great, different issue that showed up when this did and is often linked to this though it is separate.

Glad it worked.

DroidMoose

Reaction score
Just for clarification though, this is an actual issue that has yet to be formally resolved by the Android Markeyplace?
You can go into the Andriod market <menu> help/andriod apps/troubleshooting/missing apps in the my apps menu
Then there is a link to the known issues page.