Android Market Has More Than 250,000 Apps

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
market.jpeg

The Android market is still one of the fastest growing compared to Windows Phone 7 and iOS, and today it’s reported that 250,000 apps call it home. This report comes 48 hours after Google announced the major update they’re planning for the Android market.

The growth we’ve experienced with Android and the Market is incredible especially when you compare it to older smartphone operating systems. Blackberry just recently had its 1 billionth download. That’s great, but Android just hit 6 billion a few weeks ago, and is much younger! That’s six times the amount less than half the time.

Google has created greatness with Android, and I’m looking forward to future versions of this great mobile OS.

Via: Androidcentral

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
quality is better than quantity ;)

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
quality is better than quantity ;)

Seriously. There are maybe 15-20 apps I used on a regular basis and have very few issues with. Everything else is meaningless to me. I don't care if Garage Band is the greatest thing since sliced bread, I have no use for it.

Also, that 250k must just be US/English based apps, because I'm pretty sure it's a much larger number than that has otherwise surpassed the App Store.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I get surprised when people say there aren't any good apps. There aren't a lot of Great apps, but plenty of Good apps. My Droid1 continues to be full because I find a new Good app.
Then, yes, I have to go find ones I'm not using to delete.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Detonation

Reaction score
These statistics are really only useful for bragging rights because otherwise they prove nothing. You could have 250,000 apps, but if they were all garbage ringtone and fart apps it's meaningless. And do these stats basically count any item in the market as an app? Because I wouldn't count things like the 100s of theme "apps" for the various launchers in this list.

Beardface

Reaction score
I do have to say, though... The quality of apps in the Market is getting better. Still not as polished and clean as the Apple AppStore, but its getting there. Certainly a million times better than it was at this point a year ago when it seemed like most of the apps were reminiscent of pre-Windows programs on computers...