Android 5.0 Lollipop: Five 'Less Advertised' New Features

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
This is really incredible if you think about it. iPhone users have enjoyed ALL getting the next iteration of the iOS on whatever device they had, and we've (Android loyals)

A lot of those older iphones have had a lot of issues with upgrading to the latest IOS.

Thought I read the spec requirement for Android 5.0 is 500megs of ram (sorry, OG Droid).

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am well aware of all the kill switch issues people have brought up but I for one like it. If someone stole my phone I like the fact that I will be able to kill it. I may not necessarily get my phone back but no one else will get it either. Sadly though, with me rooting my phone and having TWRP on it, wiping it will probably still be possible. Then again, I rarely ever use root stuff anymore so I may start running a stock phone. Never thought I'd say that.

There's always the possibility that this feature can be integrated into non-stock recoveries. That would be quite valuable in making the phone completely useless to thieves. Guess we'll see, but I hope it's doable.