Android 4.0 Update for Motorola Droid 4 Rolling Out Now

Edognights

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid4ics.JPG

The Ice Cream Sandwich soak test for Motorola's Droid 4 appears to have gone well as Verizon has approved the update and is pushing the new software out to users starting today. Along with bringing the device to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, the update (version 6.16.217.XT894.Verizon.en.US) also includes the latest version of MotoBlur and makes the device global ready. Check out the official change log for the update on Verizon's website here. You can check for the update by hitting menu>settings>about device>software update, but keep in mind that it will be pushed out in phases. Let us know when you get the update in the forums.

Source: Phone Arena

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Heh..the push-out and approval came hours before the SOAK test started. Not sure who faulted on the timing of this one but users were getting pushed the OTA, Verizon had updated it's site with documentation and build number hours before SOAK testers got emailed to be ready for the software to be pushed to them "sometime today". :)

But leak .217 (I guess we should start calling it OTA .217) has been working well for weeks so I expected the SOAK to be very short timed. I didn't expect it to be after the pushout though LOL

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Alright great, it worked. Now time to start the Bionic rollout. D4 is probably done by now, anyways LOL

chWolfgang

Reaction score
Hotspot App?

Greetings, I got the ICS update and it went great. I even got root back. However, I can't seem to find a hotspot app that is working. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

NeXtras

Reaction score
Got my update today! Pretty nifty haha, loving the screen shot ability (hold pwr/lock button and vol down for 2 seconds)

Screenshot_2012-08-18-15-12-57.png

Screenshot_2012-08-18-13-50-08.png