Android 3.0 Roms question.

Discussion in 'Droid X Roms' started by johnomaz, Oct 19, 2010.

1. johnomaz

johnomaz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +728
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel XL
    When Android 3.0 is released, is the DroidX going to get custom roms with it or not? I'm not sure how the encrypted bootloader affects that kind of stuff, but since we have blurless ROMs and everything, will we be able to get that update when the source is released, or are we stuck on 2.2 until Verizon releases it for us OTA with an updated bootloader or something?

2. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +1,809
    Twitter:
    jstaff79
    If they are building from source ROMs for the DX then when 3.0 drops they will still be able to build them. So I think you're safe there.

Sent from somewhere...

3. chkmate

chkmate Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Honestly? By the time 3.0 comes out it will probably be close to upgrade time. For me at least. The way /\/\oto moved on Froyo and still had issues, I wouldn't expect 3.0 too soon. The rumors say January and there is a very blurry screen shot out theredancedroid

But, yes, the post above this is probably correct. If they can download it and open from source they should be able to build off that.

JMO:)

4. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I doubt it. The kernel is a big thing, which can't be changed with the bootloader. Would make it tough, if not almost impossible. If possible, it probably wouldn't be a good experience either.

Sent from my Droid

5. chkmate

chkmate Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You have a good point. And if you have some dev's giving up on the DX, like I have seen already, I wouldn't doubt if more follow. I'm still learning stuff and just try to respond with what little I know or have read.

6. Franky_V

Franky_V New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think the developer in question left the dx in order to pursue his idea of recreating the ui experience (check his site). Prolly much harder on the dx. And choosing the dinc probably wasn't arbitrary either. There are still developers maintaining and creating new roms. If def expect to have gingerroms... Unless that os version happens to suck

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk