Android 2.1 Update Rolls Out For Motorola Droid!

Blaster

Reaction score
I'm liking pinch to zoom and all... i'm a little skettchy on the live wall papers thinking they may drain my battery... is there a way to get more live wall papers then what is already there?

Caniac Nation

Reaction score
Love the voice-to-text on the new update, but I'm still smarting over not having Flash support with this update. The large majority of sites I visit have Flash and still can't see the info.:mad:

J*Bishop

Reaction score
I'm liking pinch to zoom and all... i'm a little skettchy on the live wall papers thinking they may drain my battery... is there a way to get more live wall papers then what is already there?

search the market place for more live wallpaper.

RickDroid

Reaction score
Personally after trying both...I'm using the ClockworkMod! The $3 cost is insignificant compaired to its better overall functionally than Helix. Don't get me wrong here they both work great...the ClockworkMod on my Droid just runs a bit smoother and quicker!
:rating10:

Jay_S

Reaction score
Just for the record, there never was going to be 5 home screens. Neither the app drawer nor the number of home screens (still 3) changes with 2.1 .

On the Google Earth issue, after the update it just doesn't appear in the Market for some users. It doesn't seem to matter if you got your update OTA or downloaded, had ever rooted or not. Some people could see GE in the Market, others (like me) could not. The solution is a factory reset. That seemed to clear it right up, and now I can see GE in the Market.

Where was an official statement that Motorola wasn't implementing 5 panels nor the app drawer changes? That said, why would they choose to leave out functions that the base update from Android provided. Obviously the phone is capable of more panels evidenced by 3rd party apps.

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
I know this has been asked a billion times but can somebody tell me why after manually updating it says 2.1 update1 or whatever instead of 2.1?? This is kinda bothering me. I know its supposed to be the same as the regualar automatic update but it makes it sound like an unofficial beta name. I manually updated which u couldve probably guessed. Does it say the update 1 thing if u were to recieve the update as an auto promt or is this just for the people who were impatient like me? >_< ive noticed which ive probably mentioned before that my browser seems quite a bit slower too..

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I know this has been asked a billion times but can somebody tell me why after manually updating it says 2.1 update1 or whatever instead of 2.1?? This is kinda bothering me. I know its supposed to be the same as the regualar automatic update but it makes it sound like an unofficial beta name. I manually updated which u couldve probably guessed. Does it say the update 1 thing if u were to recieve the update as an auto promt or is this just for the people who were impatient like me? >_< ive noticed which ive probably mentioned before that my browser seems quite a bit slower too..

Thats the Official 2.1 update that went out to the Nexus after all the issues. So it's the latest 2.1 build.

OTA/Manual are the same EXACT builds.

RickDroid

Reaction score
Now all we need to add to this mix of droided out opinions is a great "silicone" case for my "non-slider" Motorola Droid! LOL (I don't use the slide keyboard I prefer the on-screen one!) :icon_cool:

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Love the voice-to-text on the new update, but I'm still smarting over not having Flash support with this update. The large majority of sites I visit have Flash and still can't see the info.:mad:

Once AGAIN flash was NEVER going to be in the update in the first place. Flash is made by ADOBE and not Google, Motorola or Verizon so it will NOT be in an OTA update. When flash is available it will most likely be released to the Android Market for download.

corman324

Reaction score
Now all we need to add to this mix of droided out opinions is a great "silicone" case for my "non-slider" Motorola Droid! LOL (I don't use the slide keyboard I prefer the on-screen one!) :icon_cool:

yo, i know it isnt all silicon BUT...i bought a case on eBay for about 6$ called "motorola droid hybrid case" its mad nice and its rubber/silicon. they have purple and pink ones now i guess but i just bought the black one. i like it a lot. i bought a regular silicone one and it was terrible because there's literally NO way to keep it on...especially if you keep it in your pocket.

dogwolf

Reaction score
Live wallpapers affecting opening apps UPDATE.

In the last few days I've reported noticing a difference in how apps open with and without live wallpapers.
Without = smooth opening and closing.
With = very slightly jerkiness, like a movie with a slow frame speed.

Well today, I loaded Helix Launcher and set it up with 7 home screens. (Yes, just get it! You'll love it).

I also loaded a Market-offered Galactic Core live wallpaper (nice).

Just reporting Helix is every bit as fast with 7 screens as the Android default launcher, but the live wallpapers affect it about the same.