Android 2.1 Update Rolls Out For Motorola Droid!

TimChgo9

Reaction score
I called my local Verizon Stores.

Hillside, LaGrange Willowbrook, Hodgkins, Downers Grove, Chicago Ridge, and Bolingbrook

Hillside said it is rolling out today the rep quoted an email he received.

LaGrange said it is rolling out today

Willowbrook said "no" not today.

Downers Grove said: He didn't know, last he heard it was "right around the corner", his store has not received confirmation of any kind.

Chicago Ridge is confirming that it is rolling out today. She just read an update to me over the phone.

Bolingbrook is confirming that it is rolling out today.

So, there you have it. Take it for what it's worth. I called the above stores, and that is the information I was given.

I guess it is really rolling out...

To add to the above, all of the above stores are within 15 miles of where I live. The Bolingbrook rep started to tell me "no it wasn't coming" but then, corrected himself and read from an alert he had just received. So, I think we can be assured the update is coming. I can't believe it, but it appears to be legitimate...

mazz0310

Reaction score

Hillside, LaGrange Willowbrook, Hodgkins, Downers Grove, Chicago Ridge, and Bolingbrook

Downers Grove said: He didn't know, last he heard it was "right around the corner", his store has not received confirmation of any kind.

Chicago Ridge is confirming that it is rolling out today. She just read an update to me over the phone.

So, there you have it. Take it for what it's worth. I called the above stores, and that is the information I was given.

seems solid to me, I believe it's coming out, it's about time. Look forward to hearing of more users receiving it.

peterjariel

Reaction score
Ok to avoid getting hunted down for not pulling the file please list what you have to do so if i get it i can share it.

Well if u haven't gotten it yet then you'll get it when every one will so don't worry about it.

Slipstream

Reaction score

Asking the store reps about upcoming information is like asking car salesmen at the dealership about a new model coming out. Most of the time you will know far more about what is going on than he/she does.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Strange to be so excited about an update for a phone, since when did these things become such a big deal? Are we all that lame or is the phone just that awesome? Maybe both...lol

ndhill1976

Reaction score

seems solid to me, I believe it's coming out, it's about time. Look forward to hearing of more users receiving it.

I am not saying that it isn't coming out, but why hasn't someone got their hands on one of those alerts or notifications yet?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Strange to be so excited about an update for a phone, since when did these things become such a big deal? Are we all that lame or is the phone just that awesome? Maybe both...lol

This happens all the time with smartphones, and it doesn't matter which one you're talking about. Saw the same thing with the Blackberry Storm. I'm not surprised one bit.

Jizzylax

Reaction score
I am not saying that it isn't coming out, but why hasn't someone got their hands on one of those alerts or notifications yet?

I would assume it is going out to a select few Verizon testers/employees first. That may explain it.