Android 2.1 Update Rolls Out For Motorola Droid!

tmikels

Reaction score

I got my update today. I thought 2.1 was going to have 5 screens now, up from 3.

DroidPDX

Reaction score
Love the way Gallery works with Picasa Web Albums

What a nice surprise. Access to all my albums on Picasa! Awesome. Just wish the hourglass would chill and all albums would load to max resolution.

Steve H

Reaction score
If you have WiFi turned on will you get the update thru the regular cell connection? In other words do you need 3G on for the update?

JoDroid

Reaction score
Sometimes when I see people asking about Flash I think they either think that :

1) It will make them as fast as The Flash and they will be able to run very fast.

or

2) It will speed up the Droid.

2137a9950nf3.jpg

:rofl3: :icon_ laughup:

Slighter

Reaction score
why are you guys so happy about the 2.1 update, it's still 550 mhz/slow. block OTA, root and run chevy's 1.2ghz kernel.

Some of us don't want to root... is that okay with you? Seriously, if you love your rooted phone, great... quit bugging us non-rooters about it, okay??? Sheesh....
2x.......................................................................................................................

Marathonman

Reaction score
I've been a lurker here for awhile, and hats off to alot of you who have given some really great support and help with tips and tricks. I couldn't wait any longer and manually updated. WTH was I waiting on? I should have done it when it was first posted! :woot:My day at work today will be entertaining! Love this forum!

cabotcat

Reaction score
I was hoping they were going to include the capabilities to play satellite radio. I'm not for sure what the Droid needs for that but I was hoping for it :(

You'd need for Sirius/XM to come up with an app. And I have a feeling that just isn't going to happen, they are pretty picky about who they let pick up their signal.

And they'd probably charge and additional 5.00 per month to an already existing subscription.

Had XM until I purchased my Driod. Canceled it some thereafter. No need to incur the extra expense with aps like Droid Live Lite, Pandora, I Heart Radio, Lastfm and Flycast. I can listen to almost anything on XM and not pay a dime.

Droid = Liberation

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
I'm on Long Island. I got mine late last night; looked at my Droid around midnight and there was the notice. I had to click accept for it to proceed. I'm guessing you'll get yours soon.

I haven't had much time to check it out yet because I had to get a little sleep but I notice my phone's been syncing something since I unplugged it. Anyone know if this is normal? I hope 2.1 doesn't have to be syncing all the time or if so that it doesn't drain the battery. ...

just got mine a few minutes ago... but i got a few questions... how to i change the live wallpaper (neural net) from all red to the multi-color like i see in the previews?

and how come there isn't more home screens and the 3d app drawer?

JamasterJMe

Reaction score
Got The Update

Got the update this morning. Nothing seems different. I see the voice to text feature, but that's it. My gallery says it is not installed. No live wallpaper and no added pages. No flash.

Anyone have this same experience?

jcboof

Reaction score
I just got the update about an hour ago. Now my phone will still not boot up. its like its stuck. It keeps switching back and forth from the "EYE" to the liquid like "Droid" and will not fully boot.

WTF!!!!!!!!!! Getting a bit frustrated. its been doing this for at least 45 minutes now