An evil app took over my Droid

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Your moral is wrong and hasty. I have the app for nearly a year. It was only the most recent update. The app has a 4.5 star review and I think over 250k downloads. There was only one other person with the same problem as me. With that said, it may not be the app since my screen is broke even post factory reset. Taking it in for a warranty replacement now, onto my third droid.

The moral is wrong and hasty in YOUR scenario because you failed to provide us with details and therefor left us to our assumptions. From the get go I said IF it is a rogue app. I also pointed out that I did not see how an app could override system defaults unless it had permission through root access. You failed to mention how long you'd had the app so I assumed it is a newly downloaded one, (especially since you called it an 'evil app' - why would you have an evil app so long?) and thus my advice stands to reason.

Sorry for your confusion. ;)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
OP
S

Silverwing

Reaction score
I don't know what LSD lite is, or rather how to get it to work if I am unable to use the phone past recovery.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Looks like it was a Mini Widget problem. Just received an update saying there was a "brightness fix".

OP
S

Silverwing

Reaction score
Long story short, a replacement Droid is on its way. Apparently it was a physical malfunction that just happened right when I upgraded a widget. Correlation does not imply causation - my bad.