Question about downloading.

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by TheHawkWhoLived, Feb 4, 2010.

1. TheHawkWhoLived

TheHawkWhoLived New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    • When you download an app/widget and then uninstall it, is it removed from your memory card/phone?
    • Is there a way to view what is saved on the memory card?
    • Does downloading then uninstalling apps frequently cause problems to the phone? Like if I keep downloading apps then uninstalling them, over and over, am I going to have issues?
    • When I uninstall an app/widget, does it also remove all skins/themes I downloaded with them??
    • Also when I use a home replacement app such as Home++ or Sweeter homes etc... And make them the default one when I press home, how do I get back to the Droid home screen again? Is the only option to uninstall the home replacement?
    • When I download something from the browser, it stays in the download section in the browser. How do I remove it from there? For example if I download Swype through my phone, how do I get rid of the .apk file? I mean I can uninstall the app, but I'll still have the download in the download section.

2. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can see for yourself by using a file manager app but no, they remain on your SD card until you delete them.

Yup. A file manager. I use Astro but there are several options.

Shouldn't but it's not inconceivable that an app would leave stuff behind and that eventually that would cause problems.

Again, file manager. ;)

3. Enter

Enter Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Go to Settings>Applications>Manage applications>Home++
    Towards the bottom it will say: Launch by default then clear defaults. Clear it.