Amazon Debuts Their New 'Prime Now' Service That Delivers Stuff in One Hour

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Although the service only has limited availability right now, Amazon just launched their newest retail initiative. It's called Prime Now and aims to deliver your most of your purchased items to you in as little as one hour. The video above shares that the new Amazon service is only available in Manhattan for now, but teases that it should be coming to other cities soon.

To get the service, Amazon Prime members will need to download the Amazon Prime Now Android app, and order through that. If you want orders to reach you in an hour, it costs an additional $7.99, while a two hour window is free. We will keep you posted when the service hits new cities.

Do you think this new Prime Now service from Amazon will work out or flop?

blacksoxing

Reaction score
This will flop heavily, as I can picture many people whining about how it really took 70 minutes to receive their order or the courier getting stuck in rush hour traffic resulting in it being near 2 hours....which negates the $8 charge....

Plus, obviously, only the BIGGEST cities will benefit from this. I'll never be able to use it.

Regardless, I can see this being a huge benefit for someone who let's say is sick and can't run out to the store to grab an item or maybe the guy who is stuck at work and needs to quickly buy a gift. I'd wait 2 hours if I needed to get a box of condoms for later that night but didn't feel like running to walmart...

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Sounds like a great concept, and for 8 bucks and a 2 hour window, that's really not bad. It'll be interesting to see if this works out.

S5 tap'n

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah .. They're going to have to be very cautious in their rollout on this.. But it could be pretty sweet

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Drone delivery is next. I'll take a free 2 hour delivery. We spend thousands on Amazon and each year it's increasing. Prime for student is $50 a year.

Only available for Manhattan now. :(

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Drone delivery is coming and I can't wait to see its full roll-out. It would be amazing on so many levels. Just the fact that a robotic drone quad-copter can deliver something to you in a line-of-sight travel far quicker and with less potential errors is in itself incredible, but to think that these quad-copters will work with no wages, no food or bathroom breaks, no bad attitudes, no required health benefits or pensions/retirement programs, will be bittersweet with all the couriers who will lose their jobs, while at the same time the costs for shipping will likely be going down.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Drone delivery is coming and I can't wait to see its full roll-out. It would be amazing on so many levels. Just the fact that a robotic drone quad-copter can deliver something to you in a line-of-sight travel far quicker and with less potential errors is in itself incredible, but to think that these quad-copters will work with no wages, no food or bathroom breaks, no bad attitudes, no required health benefits or pensions/retirement programs, will be bittersweet with all the couriers who will lose their jobs, while at the same time the costs for shipping will likely be going down.
4bc750ab140298279d5da7a323c57de4.jpg

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
^ Nice! LOL! :D

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
Talk about being spoiled more! It's already bad enough that im quiet disappointed that USPS whether it's a regular mail or package takes at least 3 days to get delivered, now i'll be able to get my hands on the goodiea within 2 hours? Eeeek.

I think this will actually work. Im pretty sure they wont have the product primenow eligble if it isnt stocked at the local warehouse. It will vary on how much products will be primenow eligble by cities. The thing they'll have problem is traffic and how fast they can process the order and have an available driver drive off the warehouse asap. I just hope I dont get ontrac as my courier, seems like Amazon is using them more and more now around Los Angeles, and I yet to have a good experience with them. Had packages lost that were supposedly left on the porch, had a package thrown onto my garden, had one package flat out left outside my freaking gate (gate is open btw) basically leaving it on the sidewalk for everyone to claim as public item, and one driver almost took off with my printer when I lagged answering the door.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Amazon is trying to be the next WalMart. Soon you'll see websites and YouTube videos start popping up titled "The people of Amazon"......That's a scary thought!

S5 tap'n

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
NYC is the easiest place to roll this out. I don't see it coming to the Dallas/Fort Worth area at all. We're too spread out and there's no way with traffic that you can guarantee 1, 2, 3, or even 4 hour delivery times. We do well just to get the Prime package in 2 days here.

Now the drone idea will work in DFW perfectly except that we already have a ton of airtraffic here. I'm sure the FAA will have something to say about drones flying around the metroplex.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Unless they can get designated drone paths... But i see that being a problem...

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I can see the headlines already.
Tonight on Channel 6 nightly news: Amazon drone puts 30,000 people in the dark after drone flies into power lines and blows transformer.
Up next: Do you feel like you're being watched? And what is that damn buzzing noise?

S5 tap'n

Last edited: