1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Amazon Appstore cpu usage 50-95% at random times

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by jajones82, May 9, 2012.

1. jajones82

jajones82 New Member

Over the last month or so, I have noticed that my Droid3 is acting sluggish (even after the recent 220mb OTA update), and so I check the task manager. It will show that Amazon Appstore is running at CPU: 50-95%, or Facebook, Slide-It running at 30-50%, but I would have not used those apps in a few days.

Even when I would run them in the past, the CPU usage was under 10% use for each of those apps and it never slowed down my phone. I even recently put Amazon Appstore on the auto-end list (first app to ever ad to that list) and disabled aZon Appstore notifications, but it still opens and drains my battery. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
  2. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Have you uninstalled those apps since the update? You may want to, and reinstall. May not have cooperated with the OTA properly.
  3. jajones82

jajones82 New Member

Hey Guidot, thx for the reply. I uninstalled the Amazon Appstore, reinstalled later today, and it still shoots up to 90% cpu. The facebook app actually shot up to 172%. yes, 172%. not sure of the logic behind that. I installed AVG virus scan, and it didnt find anything. I cannot leave the aZon appstore uninstalled because I have many apps that rely on it. I am at a loss as to what to do. Amazon support has not responded to me yet as to why this may be happening.
  4. doogald

doogald Member

Search tags for this page
amazon app store app android cpu usage

amazon app store memory hog

amazon app store pegs processor

amazon appstore app runs too slow
amazon appstore is slow
amazonappstore slowing down phone

appstore uses high cpu utilization

cpu usage app store
droid cpu 90%