Amazing 'Must-try' Free Live Wallpaper - Solar Wind

Wadman

Reaction score
I downloaded this around 10 this morning. Messed with my phone a little bit (actually a lot less than normal). When I sat my phone down, it was standby for a good 4 hours. I left it with 80% charge and came back to 15%!!! I don't know if I wasn't recieving signal during this time or if the wallpaper drained it that much........D1 owner by the way....and I always leave work with at least 70% charge even with quite a bit of use.....

Anomander

Reaction score
Running it now with the spacey setting going. Pretty darn cool lookingdancedroid Running it with my D1 with Sapphire2.0 (800Mhz kernel) battery at 80% as of 5 pm(my time) Will report back and list how it runs. After 5 minutes no change on the heat of the phone which is nice.

Anomander

Reaction score
Now about 11PM and no battery drainage. Of course my phone was probably in standby most of that time, but so far no lag or anything. I think this wallpaper will be a keeper. Would love to see this on a Tablet :D

porkbrains

Reaction score
I was doing a bunch of stuff at once, so I'm probably to blame but it just so happened that Cyanogen Tazz v24 completely crashed in the middle of a titanium sd card move.. Rebooted to find all launchers gone (read: black screen). No problem, I was ready for v26 anyways.

The problem I'm having now is that it or LP keep swapping wallpapers or Solarwind just disappears. Maybe it's the Eris' poor graphics handling.. I experimented a bit with sizing. When it does work, it works great and looks super rad.

Question: If trying to optimize for the least battery/graphics intensive setup, wouyld smaller or larger dots be best?

Reaction score
I have been running it now for almost 48 hours. The impact on battery life is minimal - now more then 5% of the total battery usage.

What is somewhat annoying is that it looks like is does at time hog CPU as screen refresh occasionally lags. So far I have had no freezes that required a reboot.

I think when I am traveling and flipping from one app to another I will turn it off. The refresh lag will be pretty annoying then.

CC

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Installed now, will check it out, also running OG D on Saph 2.0.

For those who don't want to search for it -

chart1.png

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, so far I ran it for nearly 8 hours, phone used a bit, web surfing, searching, was at 70% around 2PM, so I'd have to vote that it doesn't affect my batt life.

Certainly is fun to look at before unlocking your phone! :)

Only had one instance of a redraw with ADW, after doing a couple of intensive searches, but you know what? It's so hypnotic that you don't mind staring at it as your homescreens come back on.

For what it does, at the size, definately a keeper, my comments would be to add customization of colors shown so some could keep it in a certain color range to go with their themes, etc.