Am I Out of Luck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
that was my thoughts too. The fact that the screen gets so close to the edge of the phone looks great, but it's obviously going to have less protection. I absolutely ABUSED my MOTO Droid and the screen never cracked. My thunderbolt shattered after one drop onto concrete. Hopefully I wont know with my nexus

yep, that's why a good case is mandatory for this phone. I'm not crazy about the design, but the screen makes up for it

too many people are on forums are ignorantly attributing it to lack of gorilla glass.

gernerttl

Reaction score
That is insurance fraud. Pure and simple.

When mined was dropped and cracked three weeks after purchase I contacted Samsung and they replaced the screen for $160. Took about two weeks.

Not sure why you were going thru Samsung. I have Asurion and they replaced the Blackberry I owned at the time, with no questions asked...twice. Once for dropping it in the water and then again, when I was having problems with the phone having power problems. It only cost me $50 each time...for a $500 phone that is a deal.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Not sure why you were going thru Samsung. I have Asurion and they replaced the Blackberry I owned at the time, with no questions asked...twice. Once for dropping it in the water and then again, when I was having problems with the phone having power problems. It only cost me $50 each time...for a $500 phone that is a deal.
Some of us choose not to get insurance.

ShinyTop

Reaction score

Because I had no insurance. I now have two Gnexes and have insurance on the second one I bought.

delcopa

Reaction score
Sometimes you can get a deal on the package on the DIY repair sites. Some just require the glass, and or touch screen. This one I believe requires one more piece. But you can buy as a bundle to make it an easier install. Just check out prices since they have been out for sometime they might have dropped some hopefully for you.

Droid101

Reaction score
Just fyi it is open enrollment for insurance until April 30th. Yes claiming it for a cracked screen is technically fraud but after a reasonable time frame just drop it in water assuron does cover accidental damage and water damage wasn't preexisting so technically speaking no fraud.

Just my thinking take it for what it is

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Just fyi it is open enrollment for insurance until April 30th. Yes claiming it for a cracked screen is technically fraud but after a reasonable time frame just drop it in water assuron does cover accidental damage and water damage wasn't preexisting so technically speaking no fraud.

Just my thinking take it for what it is

Technically speaking it is fraud.

Go light your car on fire and file an insurance claim. See how much money you get in jail.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Droid101

Reaction score
Technically speaking it is fraud.

Go light your car on fire and file an insurance claim. See how much money you get in jail.

Eh I would say it isn't the same thing but this isn't the place to argue that fact.

All I'm saying is if he adds it and claims it I doubt assuron will really care about what happened.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Eh I would say it isn't the same thing but this isn't the place to argue that fact.

All I'm saying is if he adds it and claims it I doubt assuron will really care about what happened.

Asurion covers accidental damage. Intentional damage whether preexisting or not that results in a paid out claim is defrauding the insurance company. That's why it's called insurance fraud.

You're encouraging someone to do something illegal which is against the rules of the forums in the first place.

There's a difference between technically legal and technically getting away with something that is illegal that you don't seem to understand.

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail

I'd say if he got the insurance, claimed it, then canceled the insurance, THAT would be the most fraudulent. If he gets the insurance, pays for it monthly and pays the deductible, they are still getting their allotted money, I don't see the harm myself.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Too many suggestions bordering on fraud here... and even if you don't think it's technically fraud, we're not fans of being deceptive either! :)

:closed_2:

Status
Not open for further replies.