Alphanumeric password problem

eversowrong

Reaction score
I have just unboxed my new Droid 4, and I really like it so far. However, I'm having a minor issue.

I have a number of passwords I use for various accounts. All went well until I attempted to synch my Photobucket account. It refused to accept my password. I retyped it several times in order to account for user error, and each time it told me the password was invalid. Hmmmm. No biggie, so far.

Then I tried to log into some accounts, and encountered a similar issue. Rejected! Denied! Fail!

It seems that it doesn't recognize passwords that contain the number 1.

I tried using the QWERTY, the touchscreen and the SWYPE inputs, to no avail. I checked the number in other applications, and it was perfectly usable.

I guess it's not a dealbreaker - it's easy enough to change passwords for.. gulp... five accounts, wait, no, eight accounts. :mad:

I'm just wondering... what's up with that? Is there a fix? Is anyone else having a problem like this?

diablo85

Reaction score
did you maybe hit the shift key one too many times before pressing the number one key? i use 1 in a number of passwords without an issue typing them in on the D4.

OP
E

eversowrong

Reaction score
That occured to me; in fact, that was my first thought, since my passwords have caps as well. I tried it on multiple accounts with different passwords and it seems to be happening with all of them.

I went though all the basic problem solving steps -making sure everything was typed properly, making sure I was posting from the proper account, shutting down and restaring, etc, before I posted, because it didn't seem possible to me that it wasn't a mistake I was making.

It's good to know that yours works - that indicates its not a problem with the Droid 4, just MY Droid 4. I can't think of any reason why that would be the only occurence of the 1 not working. It seems like if it were a defect with the keyboard, the 1 would not work in any application. Same if it were a software issue.

It's not a terrible problem, just a really weird one.

reybie

Reaction score
Have you tried typing the password in a notepad or something to see if you're getting the correct case/number? I noticed that the comma on mine needs a little bit more pressure than the other keys.

OP
E

eversowrong

Reaction score
I didn't try that exact thing, but I did use the "show characters" option and the passwords were correct. (I actually double-checked them on another machine to be quite sure I wasn't losing my mind.)