Alarm not working

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Eris' started by ksclarke, Nov 8, 2009.

1. ksclarke

ksclarke New Member

I set the alarm and the time passes and no audible sound. It will vibrate and/or light the trackball, but no sound. Other sounds on the phone work (ringing, notifications, etc.) Any ideas? I tried downloading another alarm program other than the standard Eris one and it didn't work either.
  2. Grimster

Grimster New Member

Works fine for me....You have to uncheck the "Vibrate" setting in the alarm clock settings. I guess you cant have both vibrate and audio when the alarm goes off.
  3. ksclarke

ksclarke New Member

Thanks, tried with vibrate and the trackball light off

Thanks, tried with vibrate and the trackball light off, too, but it still doesn't work. This is actually my wife's phone so I don't know what's been installed on there, but I'm wondering if something has conflicted with the sound (though why would the other sound options work)? Not quite to the point of hard resetting it. Any other ideas?
  4. Jolest

Jolest New Member

Well, it's possible that she managed to set the alarm volume to zero... (Each type of sound has its own independent volume... Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to adjust the alarm volume unless the alarm sound is playing -OR- you're at the right place in the clock app...) :)

Try this...
    1) Open the clock app.
    2) Select the Timer.
    3) Tap the "Alert sound" button.
    4) Click the volume rocker -up- a couple of times.
    5) Tap the "Snooze" sound.

As long as you're on the alert sound selector dialog, you can adjust the alarm volume. Each time you tap the "Snooze", it should beep for about 8 seconds.

Let us know if this fixed it or not.
  5. reeves6347

reeves6347 New Member

OMG! thank you so much! i have spent the last few days in rage at my alarm not working. i spent hours on the phone with tech support, no help at all! this got the job done. thanks
  6. Jolest

Jolest New Member

Glad to help. :D

Now we wait to see if it works for ksclarke too.
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  7. Jolest

Jolest New Member

BTW, was that Verizon or HTC tech support that couldn't help?
  8. ksclarke

ksclarke New Member

Yay! It works for us as well... thanks!
  9. weiln

weiln New Member

I'm also having an issue with the alarm not going off. Worked on Tuesday just fine. Wednesday didn't go off. Thursday didn't go off. So when I woke up, I tested it by resetting it for 5 minutes later, and it worked fine. Thought it was just weird. But, last night I set a second alarm for 15 minutes after the first, so I had two alarms set for 430 and 445. This morning, neither went off. So, testing, I reset one for 545, and it went off just fine.

Does my phone just think it's too early to get up? I've verified the sound is maxed on the alarm, the ringer is on, everything is on. Like I said, it works when I reset it for a few minutes from now, just not when I let it sit overnight.

Any suggestions? I never had this problem on my G1 or myTouch3G.

Thanks,
    Nathan
  10. JPerkins

JPerkins New Member

Indeed, I too overslept for work today due to my new HTC Eris. I tested the alarm last night for a minute later, it worked. I set it for 6am and 6:15.. nothing, woke up at 8. I just tested it now after reading this forum, and it worked. WTH.
  11. bekah16

bekah16 New Member

Late to work

I was also having this same issue. My ringer is up all the way, including my alarm tone and my alarm failed to go off this morning and I was an hour late to work. I checked it last night within a 5 minute frame period and it was working well. But nonetheless, nothing this morning. Anyone know what the problem is on the Eris alarms? I'll accept any suggestions! :)

Thanks!
    Bekah
  12. pope66682

pope66682 New Member

You have to go into settings and change it so the phone doesnt go to sleep. When it sleeps, the alarm does not work
  13. JPerkins

JPerkins New Member

OK - I'm in the settings.. any idea where to find the "sleep settings". ??
  14. pope66682

pope66682 New Member

In the droid it is Settings > Applications > Development > Stay Awake
  15. JPerkins

JPerkins New Member

thanks - so after i do this.. my alarm will actually go off instead of just VIBRATE? The first day it didn't go off at all, this morning... it just vibrated, not sound even though all volumes were up.
  16. pope66682

pope66682 New Member

Mine works every morning. It vibrates and tones. I have it set so all sounds are off except for alarm. This way my email doesnt alert all night long
  17. JPerkins

JPerkins New Member

Alright - well, I'll try again tonight. I actually downloaded an alarm clock APP last night so i wasn't late! no sound still ..just vibrated. But I'll try what you suggested. Thanks for your help.
  18. loccoelf

loccoelf New Member

If "STAY AWAKE" is the reason it fails why does it only fail 1-2 days out of the week? MINE WAS SLEEPING WHEN IT WORKED AND WHEN IT FAILED!!!!! This has to be the speaker bug they are talking about.
  19. bekah16

bekah16 New Member

sleep/not sleep

Ok, so I figured this out on my own, I hope this works for some of you. When I bought my phone at the Verizon store, the rep downloaded a app for me called Advanced Task Killer. Basically you use that app to stop all other apps on your phone to save the battery. Well ever night, and a few times during the day, I was shutting off all my apps running in the back ground with this app. At night, I'd set my alarm then use the app killer. What I realized, was I was killing my alarm clock even though the little clock was still in the notification bar on the top of my screen.

So if you're still going to use the app killer, which I suggest still using, just make sure you unclick the alarm clock under all the apps that are still running. I hope you all have luck with this! I wasn't late to work this morning and very happy about it! :)
  20. loccoelf

loccoelf New Member

yep

I have APP KILLER ADVANCED and ALWAYS make sure the ALARM CLOCK APP is still running. I have tested this thoroughly multiple times. I still cannot get my clock to work all 5 days of the week it always screws me over at least 2 days!
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
Search tags for this page
alarm does not work android
android alarm doesn't sound
android alarm doesn't work
android alarm doesnt work
android alarm no sound
android alarm not going off
android alarm sound not working
android phone alarm no sound
droid alarm doesnt sound audibly
droid alarm doesnt work