Alarm not working

tollwutig

Reaction score
Just want to throw in my 2 cents. For me, it was Advanced Task Killer that was doing it. Unchecking "Alarm Clock" seems to have resolved the issue. Thanks for all who posted.

mskder6

Reaction score
My alarm is not even working. I turn my phone at night to conserve battery and so far every morning it has not turned on and worked. Will the alarm not turn the phone on? If not which app will?

Frisco

Reaction score
My alarm is not even working. I turn my phone at night to conserve battery and so far every morning it has not turned on and worked. Will the alarm not turn the phone on? If not which app will?

There seems to be an issue with the stock alarm in the Eris. I've seen all this posted in more than one forum.

As for me, it worked fine for a while, then stopped altogether. I thought the solution was to make sure the volume rocker was used to maximize the sound after selecting the particular beep, but that only lasted for one day.

Some of the posted fixes work for some people's Eris and not for others; that is a sign of a borked stock application.

rtb

Reaction score
Mine just lit up when the alarm was supposed to go off but didn't make any sound. It worked fine so far and I didn't change any settings. This is definitely a bug and i'm late for work! :mad:

laurarose03

Reaction score
Alarm woes

New to eris, previously had bb curve (alarm was reliable and easy). Had the eris for 3 days. Only one day the alarm worked. I leave it plugged in overnight and at first didn't know how to turn off the screen, so press the off button to put to sleep - no alarm. Then next night left the scree alone turned phone upside down (light is bright) alarm worked fine including snooze. I figured out how to turn off force awake, so no bright light but no alarm.
It is frustrating that in order for the alarm to work I have to leave the screen on all night (while charging) wasting energy. My blackberry would turn off the screen and the alarm would work without question.

this needs fixed its a basic function, now I find that I took it for granted on the bb. I love my new eris its great fun toy, but as far a functional work tool, still undecided.

kkleem

Reaction score
Quick fix for alarm clock not working

All-

After sitting on the phone wither verizon tech support, I diagnosed the problem myself.

If you have installed the app called Zedge or any other ringtone app, this can cause issues with your phone.

My issue was with Zedge. All I did was uninstall the app, do a soft re-set by taking out the battery for 10 sec. put batter back in. Dial *226 and select prompt 2.

Once phone is back up an running go to the alarm. Set up a new alarm select the sound and toggle the volume switches up to make sure you alarm sound is on.

that's it!

AliceInWonderland

Reaction score
Alarm Clock not working

so for everyone having the alarm clock problems, theres an app for that!

i downloaded the app "audio manager". it shows the volume for every thing like notifications ringers and alarms. its easy to move the settings up and down and check to make sure they are on! can use as a widget. it myfav app next to foxyring

cuskit

Reaction score
All-

After sitting on the phone wither verizon tech support, I diagnosed the problem myself.

If you have installed the app called Zedge or any other ringtone app, this can cause issues with your phone.

My issue was with Zedge. All I did was uninstall the app, do a soft re-set by taking out the battery for 10 sec. put batter back in. Dial *226 and select prompt 2.

Once phone is back up an running go to the alarm. Set up a new alarm select the sound and toggle the volume switches up to make sure you alarm sound is on.

that's it!
Curious - what does *226 do? I've used the *228 for roaming updates. Is there a list of *22x numbers that serve different purposes? And if so - where can one view that list? mike

nanners1016

Reaction score
Thank you. That was a big help to me, as the vibrate will wake me up, but I like hearing my alarm go off.

aryolaspacola147

Reaction score
Well, it's possible that she managed to set the alarm volume to zero... (Each type of sound has its own independent volume... Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to adjust the alarm volume unless the alarm sound is playing -OR- you're at the right place in the clock app...) :)

Try this...
1) Open the clock app.
2) Select the Timer.
3) Tap the "Alert sound" button.
4) Click the volume rocker -up- a couple of times.
5) Tap the "Snooze" sound.

As long as you're on the alert sound selector dialog, you can adjust the alarm volume. Each time you tap the "Snooze", it should beep for about 8 seconds.

Let us know if this fixed it or not.

Oh my goodness!! Thank you so much! I have been so frustrated with the alarm for the past week. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what was wrong.

CMarley

Reaction score
Frustrated

This is the third morning that I have had to rely on my old phone to wake me up. Nothing seems to help. I just got my phone on Friday and already I have been late for work, too many times. I have tried some of the tips on this site to no avail. Any other suggestions?