Alarm not working after 2.1 update

alexson

Reaction score
After a wipe and upgrade to 2.1 I started having problems with my alarm clock. When I set the alarm to notify me at certain time it won't start at specified time. Once I press the power button it starts sounding the alarm that was set. Any idea what could be going on? Currently I don't have any third party apps installed on my phone.

blunted

Reaction score
funny you mention this subject...i just finished getting in trouble for coming in late to work cause my alarm didnt go off this morning.

Iv had this problem several times and its making me lose faith in using my milestone as an alarm.

Possible solutions...
1-if you have a task killer make sure its not included there. (be carefull though, it seems as though it sometimes decides to add itself back on.)
2-some people have reported once restarting the phone it starts to work
3-if you listen to music through earphones it sometimes has trouble returning to speaker mode.

Thats all i can contribute for now. Im getting really angry about this problem.

OP
A

alexson

Reaction score
yeah but none of those solutions are linked to my situation, don't have any task killer application (bare bone installation of android for motorola milestone 2.1), restarted the phone few times, even did the wipe/reinstall of the sbf version of file still no results. Don't use the earphones so no go there either.

Third party alarms didn't seem to be any better alternative.

Once I downgraded android to 2.0.1 I have my alarm functioning as normal.

Will wait for a solution for an alarm clock before I get to update it to 2.1 again, since I depend on alarm more and more lately.

sarie

Reaction score
I am having the same issue, alexson. :mad: Also I've noticed that when I hit the power button on my phone to wake it up after it's been asleep for awhile, the clock seems to take a few seconds to update to the actual time. Very annoying.

I have a quick question though, since I am fairly new to Android; how did you revert back to 2.0.1?

TopperHarley

Reaction score
same exact problem here!! Ever since I updated to 2.1 my alarm has not been working at all..VERY annoying! The last 2 days I checked my phone the minute it was supposed to go off, and nothing. So I would press the power button and only then would the alarm go off. Anyone have any clue what the deal with this is??

the matrix

Reaction score
hi,
is a know bug on milestone 2.1 roms.
when your screen are off, the cpu enters on a "sleep" mode, and the clock events are not triggered
until a major event (network event) are triggered.
this affect to a alarm clock events, reminders, and others.
a solution is to install a software that prevents the sleep state.
i have tried "Load Monitor" (available for free at the market) and
seems to resolve the problem...
if you download, execute and click to the menu button and click
into the preferences button.
enable the notifications and enable the autoboot option...
enjoy!

mzairi

Reaction score
the matrix, thank you so much for the workaround. I've installed the "Load Monitor", and now the alarm is working as usual.

Anyway, what is the status of this issue ? Is it has been fixed ?

the matrix

Reaction score
hi,
i have resolved the bug without "loadmonitor".
simply put in you /system/bin/mot_boot_mode
the next line (and reboot)

echo my_lock > /system/power/wake_lock

travisinkansas

Reaction score
On my droid the update set the timer alarm sound level to 0.
Go into the Alarm Clock app, click the list button, then settings, and adjust alarm volume.

sarie

Reaction score
hi,
i have resolved the bug without "loadmonitor".
simply put in you /system/bin/mot_boot_mode
the next line (and reboot)

echo my_lock > /system/power/wake_lock

the matrix, could you tell me how you were able to do that? Or perhaps upload your edited mot_boot_mode file for others to use? Thanks!

the matrix

Reaction score

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello, is it true that load monitor alone will not fix this problem? Root required?

How interesting that only way to reliably receive text on android is to send an event that causes radio to wake up. In the USA, that is $0.20 each--outgoing and INCOMING

EDIT: reread thread. Root not req'd. Thank you.

Last edited:

geepers11

Reaction score
Fixing Alarm with Load Monitor

i have tried "Load Monitor" (available for free at the market) and seems to resolve the problem...
if you download, execute and click to the menu button and click
into the preferences button. enable the notifications and enable the autoboot option...
enjoy!

My alarm also doesn't go off anymore, and all through the day shows that the "next" alarm is this morning's alarm that didn't go off. So I am trying Load Monitor. Your instructions say to select: "Add Notification" and "Auto start". But should I also select "Wake lock"? From reading, it sounds like I should, but you did not mention it. Please confirm if "Wake lock" option should be on or off.
Thanks.

darinr80

Reaction score
Matrix, I did not see mot_boot_mode so I installed load monitor. Is there a real fix out there yet?