Extreme Alarm Clock app

aarong03

Reaction score
Ok, I have the Extreme Alarm Clock app on my S7. Currently the only way I get the alarm to go off, after the phone has be in sleep mode is pressing the power button. Once I do that, the alarm will function fine. I use Agent overnight to help save battery power. What could be causing this, and I have sent an email to Extreme Alarm clock, just waiting to hear back from them too.

I don't like the stock clock app, can't use ringtones as alarm sounds.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been using Alarm Clock Plus for years trouble free across devices and firmware versions, even though it hasn't had an update in forever. There's a free version if you can't find help with your current one and want to try another.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I don't like the stock clock app, can't use ringtones as alarm sounds.

I can use ringtones as alarm sounds on the stock clock app on my Nexus 6P. I guess Samsung uses a different one?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I can use ringtones as alarm sounds on the stock clock app on my Nexus 6P. I guess Samsung uses a different one?
Yeah. Samsung has their own clock app. Doesn't really add much if anything in the way of function. Just something else proprietary for them to throw on their devices.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Samsung has their own clock app. Doesn't really add much if anything in the way of function. Just something else proprietary for them to throw on their devices.
Bloatware that I freeze when the phone is new. Though a bit off topic, frozen bloatware now stays frozen , from 5.0 forward, with new firmware updates whereas before they'd unfreeze and I'd have to disable them again though with 5.1 I can no longer freeze the Samsung clock. Ack! Darn you Samsung and your unfreezable bloatware! Thank goodness for aftermarket alarm clocks and bigger built in storage!

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

bkeaver

Reaction score
You can use your own tones for the stock alarm clock. You just need to place the ringtone in the alarm folder

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

OP
aarong03

aarong03

Reaction score
Yeah I did that, but the stock clock app is boring.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
aarong03

aarong03

Reaction score
Still no update for this app yet. I've contacted them to find out what the status is for this app.