Alarm clock question

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When it goes off you should have an option to snooze or turn it off, 2 buttons on the screen.

OP
ncgal

ncgal

Reaction score
The foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains
When it goes off you should have an option to snooze or turn it off, 2 buttons on the screen.

Ok, now I know you must have thought I was crazy. I did a test...went to the 2nd timer option....set the alarm to go off in 2 min and then watched...saw the box appear and couldn't believe I did not see it that morning. So, I lwft the first timer set to go off this morning. Well....the box did not show up...so I am not crazy. Must be a glitch there.

Is this an app I downloaded or was it on the phone?

kfisher2020

Reaction score
Lol!! Had the same problem yesterday morning!!! Took 2 minutes - still half asleep - to get the battery out!!! Thought it was something I did! Set the alarm again for this morning - lowered the volume of it - and was able to shut it off - Thank God!!!

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Which alarm are you using? I've never had a problem and use my alarm every day.

kfisher2020

Reaction score
I have the moto Droid - just got it last week. Used the Alarm that came with the phone. Terrible selections to wake up with, though, and haven't figured out how to change them.

Is there a good app for an alarm???

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you have a tone that you want to use with the alarm then place it in a folder named Alarms on your SD card. There are also apps that will allow you to use any notification tone with the alarm.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you snooze it, you should also be able to pull down the notification menu and cancel it out by selecting it there.

R

Romple

If you snooze it, you should also be able to pull down the notification menu and cancel it out by selecting it there.

I'd look here. there could be some notification you never cleared and instead of a popup the alert's just going straight there.

Good way to get you up though. An Alarm that NEVER shuts off ;p

vhol5

Reaction score
If you accidentally touch the screen as your'e reaching for the phone to shut off the alarm, the alarm screen disappears. You then have to pull down the notification bar to retrieve it.

philland

Reaction score
I had the exact same problem on the morning after I got my Droid. After I pulled the battery, I turned it back on and I found the app "Better Alarm Clock" by Better Android. It is said to be an "Enhanced version of alarm clock app from Android 2.1."

There is also another thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/29540-better-alarm-clock.html that discusses some others that are available. A lot of folks at that thread like an app called Gentle Alarm. :motdroidhoriz:

Edit: I set a number of different wake times for different days, and set them to repeat (of course that is because I awaken at the same time every week on these separate days). I also can touch the volume buttons on the side of the phone to turn off the alarm. I don't know if you have to, but I always go to the app before I go to bed, and then when I look over at my charging phone, I see the time that kind of bounces around on the screen.

R

Romple

Beware of the rooster. It is obnoxious.

I had this go off at work once. And then the off/snooze screen went away, and I didn't realize i had to go through the alert to turn it off. Was pretty funny.

EM0112

Reaction score
yeah I just got my Moto droid yesterday and set my alarm to go off and this morning it took me about 5 min to try and figure it out how to shut the damn thing off so i just took the battery out to stop it my wife was like "SHUT THAT THING OFF IM TRYING TO SLEEP" i was rolling:rofl3: