Alarm Clock and Update

Discussion in 'Android Forum' started by Nevar24, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Nevar24

Nevar24 New Member

Morning All,
    Wierd issue I'm having since the update from this weekend. I had an alarm clock app on the phone, when the update came through the app no longer worked. I couldn't access teh app at all, it wouldn't force close or crash, it just wouldn't open fully. I took the app off the page it was on, and am trying to remove it from the phone. It doesn't show up anywhere on the phone, therefore I can't remove it. It is still running and goes off at the time I set it when I first downloaded the app.

So, the question is: how do I remove an app that doesn't show up on the phone? I've removed apps before, so it's not like I don't know how to do that. But, how do I find an app that is running and working (in a fashion), but not showing up anywhere.

I have a Droid Razr Maxx, and like I said it has the most up to date OS on it.

Thanks for the help.
  2. vet2be

vet2be New Member

I don't know about that one, but I'm getting annoyed that every time my OS has an update, something loses functionality. The latest function to get messed up was the progressive volume alarm where the alarm clock starts out soft, and then gets louder and louder until I hit "snooze" or "dismiss".
  3. lauren917

lauren917 New Member

Me too! Looks like, with the update, the progressive volume is not even an option anymore! Frustrating!
    Anyone know how to get the gradual increase in volume back without downloading an entirely new alarm clock app?
  4. Redsnk95

Redsnk95 New Member

Go to Manage Apps, scroll over to All Apps. It should be there. The stock alarm, on JB, is now located within the stock app called Clock.
  5. vet2be

vet2be New Member

The only solution I found was downloading an alarm clock app. Alarm Clock Xtreme Free by Angle Labs -- It has the crescendo volume setting that starts quiet and gradually increases.
  6. annaharris

annaharris New Member

Get another alarm clock app, you can find numerous such apps on Google play.
  7. borregolinda

borregolinda New Member

My complaint is the display goes dark when I hit dismiss. I had it set for 10 minutes as we don't get up when it goes off. But now the screen goes dark right away.
  8. Dodgers33

Dodgers33 New Member

I googled a free alarm app just for the increasing volume & missing Timer function & it had advertisements that were annoying so I removed it. I only checked out the upgrades for 5 minutes & when I tried to put on SLEEP to go to church, it only has Power Off & Airplane Mode options. I thought upgrades are intended to improve the phone features, not take features away so you can download free ad-- supported apps. I'd rather have my not-so-smart phone if that's the case. I was playing a free game app with my 6-yr old niece when a birth control & dating ads started to flash......it's a joke!
Search tags for this page
alarm after android update
android alarms with volume crescendo

android update alarm

android update alarm clock

android update clock

android update no alarm clock

clock app for verizon droid 4

droid 4 alarm clock

droid bionic alarm clock
droid update alarm
in the new android update where is the alarm