Alarm clock no sound

doug260

Reaction score
In the stock alarm clock there are 3 separate alarms you can set. I can only get the first one to make sounds. I can get it to vibrate sometimes but no sound. I have tried other alarm clocks from the marketplace but they all do the same thing. Anybody else run into this?

Rocinante

Reaction score
In the stock alarm clock there are 3 separate alarms you can set. I can only get the first one to make sounds. I can get it to vibrate sometimes but no sound. I have tried other alarm clocks from the marketplace but they all do the same thing. Anybody else run into this?

Yes, the setting for "Gradual sound" or "Increasing volume" something like that will cause it to make no sound at first, but it will start making sound in a few minutes, but gradually... just disable it, set an alarms for a few minutes away and retry it. After that, the increasing volume setting should start working properly.

hecsz28

Reaction score
Rocinante is correct. I had the same problem, I thought something was wrong with the phone, but it was the increasing volume setting. Hopefully that's your issue.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
haha i was just about to post about this too...but thanks i thought i had a defective droid2

JagerBombAFJ

Reaction score
So did this fix the problem? My alarm goes off and works just fine sometimes, but other mornings I end up being late to work because it doesn't go off. I will try turning off the gradual setting and see if that fixes the issue on my phone.