Gear 2 alarm won't vibrate

dan j

Reaction score
I just received my Gear 2 and really like it. But, I cannot get the watch to vibrate. I have tried using the Google clock alarm, the Samsung clock alarm and my Caynax alarm (all of which are installed on the Note Edge) and none of them make the watch vibrate. The only thing I've seen that work is turning off the sounds under notifications on the watch but I don't want that because I don't want to miss other notifications. Can anyone help me out please?

OP
dan j

dan j

Reaction score
So no one knows?

I really like the watch, the phone is really useful and I like the camera as well but wish I could set it to vibrate only on alarm and set it to vibrate and chime at other times.

Is there another forum I should join?

Thanks

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I don't have a Gear watch.....so I am not very familair with it, I have an LG watch. Does your watch vibrate for anything? Notifications? Is it only alarms that cause it to not vibrate? Hopefully somebody more familiar with Samsung watches will chime in soon.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
dan j

dan j

Reaction score
As far as I can tell it can be set to vibrate, to chime, or muted. No combinations and I cannot tell it to vibrate for the alarm. Not a huge deal, but it would be nice.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
So its only an alarm notification that does not vibrate? Does it vibrate for other things?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
dan j

dan j

Reaction score
The watch only has one place to set the notification type. It would be nice if the alarm was able to be set independently to vibrate (while leaving the other notifications on chime), but it doesn't seem possible.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I guess I was thick this morning, and tonight as well because I don't understand what you're trying to get it to do.
Are you asking if an alarm goes off on the phone how to make it vibrate on the watch or are you trying to use Android based apps on the watch itself?
I use the built in alarm on my S1 because anything sent from the phone just does a single notification like a text, email, etc and doesn't continuously remind, be it vibrate or tone.

cf9ed2822d83bf949e1e764e82c7ca8c.jpg

03eb95f530caa8c94420f4e9935a69af.jpg

7b2c2858defc482ea966dd0dd6a0607e.jpg

This is what the alarm clock looks like in my S app drawer
7873eb10624fa88a7700ba237fc87680.jpg

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><
Edit; what the Frank did Tapatalk do to this post?!?!

OP
dan j

dan j

Reaction score
Yeah, I can do that, but it would be nice if the Gear 2 worked with my alarms. I'm also wondering why I can't set the Gear 2 to vibrate and ring at the same time. Oh well, like I said, I would rather have the speakerphone, camera and infrared remote on my wrist than an buzzing alarm.

Too bad they don't make a smaller face Gear 2, my wife would love the speakerphone but the face is too big for her wrist.