After update, screen goes blank on calls

NewArtDroid

Reaction score
After this latest update, when I make phone calls, the screen goes blank and no button brings it back. If it goes to voicemail, the only way to hang up is to remove the battery. Power button up top does nothing. Is this a bug or is there a setting I missed?

One other thing, I just got my screen replaced by Radioshack because I cracked the glass.

Last edited:
OP
N

NewArtDroid

Reaction score
I checked with AndroSensor and my Proximity sensor says 1.2 inches all the time.

brendak

Reaction score
I seem to be having same problem thought it was just me...

OP
N

NewArtDroid

Reaction score
Did you recently have your screen replaced? Or do you think it is from the JB update?

brendak

Reaction score
No change to screen all has been good just normal problems ive read on here. I finally broke down and did a factory reset....pain in the...havent had many call today so ill see how it goes after a DAY or two but im due for upgrade in June so im just biding time.

OP
N

NewArtDroid

Reaction score
Try downloading AndroSensor and look at what your Proximity sensor is reading. Mine is stuck on 1.2 and it should go out to 39. I think they messed up something with this when they replaced the screen.

OP
N

NewArtDroid

Reaction score
I called Werx Screen Replacement and they understood what problem was. They sent me a Fedex label and I shipped it to them late Monday night (late because I needed my phone to pick my wife up at the airport). It came today, Thursday, all fixed. So I'm glad that they did warranty and back their work.

Last edited:

meeshkris

Reaction score
I was having the same problem. I downloaded AndroSensor from play store and my proximity sensor was also 1.2 inches. I pulled off part of my screen protector and it went up to 38 inches. I tried a few calls to voice mail. When the screen protector was peeled off, I had a dialpad.

I really hope it's as simple as that. I have only had this problem since the update. Thank you for posting and giving me a direction to find (hopefully!) a simple solution. I was really bummed at the prospect of either of factory reset and/or a replacement phone.

:biggrin: