after the update...

Str8Aro

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Must be a difference between handsets. My volume on the ear and speakerphone are both twice as loud than before the update. That is my perception - haven't actually measured the decibels but listening on the speakerphone to music or videos is significantly louder and clear. It did something to mine to improve that even if it wasn't in the change log and I'm OK with that.

Reaction score
Str8Aro said:
Must be a difference between handsets. My volume on the ear and speakerphone are both twice as loud than before the update. That is my perception - haven't actually measured the decibels but listening on the speakerphone to music or videos is significantly louder and clear.

Its all in the mind..read the change log for the update.. verizonwireless.com/galaxynexussupport. There's nothing in the update about a volume fix..your the only person to claim that the volume is fixed..

OP
cupid

cupid

Reaction score
I agree with u (what seek )..It doesn't say on the fixed log.. with regards to volume+ the free version only good for gingerbread should I download the paid version does it really fixed the problem? thanks

OP
cupid

cupid

Reaction score
Str8Aro said:
Must be a difference between handsets. My volume on the ear and speakerphone are both twice as loud than before the update. That is my perception - haven't actually measured the decibels but listening on the speakerphone to music or videos is significantly louder and clear. It did something to mine to improve that even if it wasn't in the change log and I'm OK with that.

have no problems on speakerphone they are great ...my complain is when u watching video like you tube or HBO go app

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree with u (what seek )..It doesn't say on the fixed log.. with regards to volume+ the free version only good for gingerbread should I download the paid version does it really fixed the problem? thanks
I dloaded paid version.Wanted to support developer and its only $2 and it made a world diffrence.

Str8Aro

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Its all in the mind..read the change log for the update.. verizonwireless.com/galaxynexussupport. There's nothing in the update about a volume fix..your the only person to claim that the volume is fixed..

... and that could be true, as I am a "child of the 60's and 70's" :wink:

I never had a volume prob but perhaps the better radios make the audio clearer giving the perception of increased volume. I am in a 3g only area and in a metal sided building where I typically got 1 or 2 bars. Listening to music on the speakerphone is much better, now and I don't want to run the volume all the way up anymore.

Reaction score
Str8Aro said:
... and that could be true, as I am a "child of the 60's and 70's" :wink:

I never had a volume prob but perhaps the better radios make the audio clearer giving the perception of increased volume. I am in a 3g only area and in a metal sided building where I typically got 1 or 2 bars. Listening to music on the speakerphone is much better, now and I don't want to run the volume all the way up anymore.

I never really had any major issues with my phone..and I had it about 3 weeks after release date..I'll admit the speaker was a big disappointment..but Volume+ helped that problem..btw are you unlocked nd rooted? Or completely stock?

ShinyTop

Reaction score
The only issue I had with both my Gnex was the volume. After the OTA the volume was excellent. I also uninstalled volume+ to be sure it was the OTA and the volume is still excellent.

OP
cupid

cupid

Reaction score
whatuseekisfire said:
I never really had any major issues with my phone..and I had it about 3 weeks after release date..I'll admit the speaker was a big disappointment..but Volume+ helped that problem..btw are you unlocked nd rooted? Or completely stock?

completely stock

OP
cupid

cupid

Reaction score
Crankintopwater69 said:
I dloaded paid version.Wanted to support developer and its only $2 and it made a world diffrence.

your right..paid version do the trick..its amazing.. thanks

Reaction score
the volume can be really loud, or really quiet, depending on the ringtone i'm using. never tried volume+

anopy1

Reaction score
Anyone notice any lag when unlocking the phone since the update? It's really noticeable since I updated.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone notice any lag when unlocking the phone since the update? It's really noticeable since I updated.

Do you have autobrightness on? If so, turn it off. Some have had issues with autobrightness and unlocking.