ADW or Launcher Pro or Helix or aHome?

JimmyD

Reaction score
I discovered the 15 icons. Pretty slick. I understand the swipe idea now - I think. :)

That gives you 30 'presets' in effect, right?

I don't know about 30 'presets,' but if you have either App Organizer or Folder Organizer (or just folders) you can put them there. On mine I have access (on 3 folders) to 32 apps plus 12 apps (counting the Apps Launcher as an app) in the remaining spots for a total of 44 apps.

No, he is correct. Out of the box, Launcher Pro allows you to have up to 30 user defined actions within the dock (15 icons plus 15 swiped gestures).

I too use Apps Organizer (nearly identical to Folder Organizer... made by the same Dev... I honestly don't know the difference between the two apps... they're almost the same thing!). This gives me access to EVERY APP on my Droid (currently 127 downloaded apps) directly from my DOCK BAR in Launcher Pro!!!

Basically, I have NO use for more than one home screen! :icon_ goofy: ...however, I do have LP set to 3 home screens just so I can run some widgets I like to have up and running... (calendar, beautiful widgets, twitter, news, music, etc.)

aircrew85

Reaction score
LP PLUS is worth the buy. WAY better then the others. ADW slows down after time. Helix has fallen off a bit ( but im sure they will arise again )

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't forget zeam if you are looking for simple.

-Droid Does

wseyller

Reaction score
Launcher Pro is awesome. The facebook widget is the best around. It has many options to configure. For me it runs faster than the default launcher. You can have 3 to 7 homescreens and set which one is the default. You can swype two fingers together (same way you zoom in on google earth) on the homescreen to see a preview of all screens and then choose the one that you want to have focus. You can hide apps in your app drawer. You can configure what the home button does.

The swype gesture on the dock buttons is cool. For example the phone icon when pressed brings up the phone as normal, but when I swype it instead, it then automatically calls my girlfriend.

Only thing I wish you could do is change the order of homescreens instead of moving or recreating all your icons and widgets from one to the other. I haven't found any option to do that.

Juz10xD

Reaction score
i installed ultimatedroid8, and it comes with launcher pro, and when i set it as my default launcher, it says its expired and forwards me to a site that is forbidden. and im now stuck with no home page.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
I flashed UD extreme as well and set ADW as my default. I like the customization options. I don't necessarily need 30 actions from the dockbar, but I think that's pretty creative.

I might try launcherpro someday in the future but for now ADW is great (I DO like the sideways app launcher instead of the up/down scrolling)

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I discovered the 15 icons. Pretty slick. I understand the swipe idea now - I think. :)

That gives you 30 'presets' in effect, right?

I don't know about 30 'presets,' but if you have either App Organizer or Folder Organizer (or just folders) you can put them there. On mine I have access (on 3 folders) to 32 apps plus 12 apps (counting the Apps Launcher as an app) in the remaining spots for a total of 44 apps.

No, he is correct. Out of the box, Launcher Pro allows you to have up to 30 user defined actions within the dock (15 icons plus 15 swiped gestures).

I too use Apps Organizer (nearly identical to Folder Organizer... made by the same Dev... I honestly don't know the difference between the two apps... they're almost the same thing!). This gives me access to EVERY APP on my Droid (currently 127 downloaded apps) directly from my DOCK BAR in Launcher Pro!!!

Basically, I have NO use for more than one home screen! :icon_ goofy: ...however, I do have LP set to 3 home screens just so I can run some widgets I like to have up and running... (calendar, beautiful widgets, twitter, news, music, etc.)

Well snap, that's why I joined a forum; to learn new things. I've set up some, but now I have to remember what I've done.

swankylaxplayer

Reaction score
I've tried out most of the launchers, but the only one I've liked is Launcher Pro. There are so many things you can customize, it runs very smoothly, and the Plus widgets are great.

drpaul07

Reaction score
i used launcherpro plus most of the time. but once i switched to cm6, i decided to try out adw since it is the stock launcher for that rom. i've been using adw since. i think lp is smoother and probably a bit faster, but one thing that annoyed me about it was every time i took my droid off the docking station, all the icons and widgets would have to reload, and most of the time, some of the widgets would get stuck and stop updating until i removed and re-added them. With adw, checking 'system persistant' keeps the home screens in portrait mode so basically when i use the docking station, everything is sideways until i actually open an app, but everything remains updated and working once i take it off the dock. Wish there was a portrait only mode with launcherpro.

But still, both adw and lp plus are great; i've just been using adw as of late.

dorlisa

Reaction score
I was using Launcherpro Plus but started having so many force closures, it affected my phone so now I am using ADW Launcher.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
ADW works great for me, the features are good and it's fast. :)