Ads and Data Cap?

darkmatter

Reaction score
Maybe this has been answered, idk.

I noticed that word with friends is trying to load vids for ads, and vids = a lot of data. Do ads count towards your data cap? If so, this whole cap thing is bs. Either give me unlimited data and ads, or cap and no ads. Hell, vzw could turn that into a feature, lol. $10 or whatever a month, and unlimited data and no ads.... I dunno, lol. But the question still stands.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

vatothe0

Reaction score
Ads do count, but that's up to the content provider to have ads or not.
Verizon is looking at allowing content providers to pay for the data transfer used by their aps so they don't count against your cap though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can also root and download an ad blocker if you're worried about going over your cap.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
darkmatter

darkmatter

Reaction score
I'm still unlimited, for now lol. But yea, I was just curious about the average, unrooted, user. And that it would be bs for ads to count towards the data cap since that's data we can't control under normal circumstances.

vatothe0

Reaction score
I'm still unlimited, for now lol. But yea, I was just curious about the average, unrooted, user. And that it would be bs for ads to count towards the data cap since that's data we can't control under normal circumstances.

Don't use aps with ads, that's how you control it. Someone has to pay for that bandwidth and it won't be the carriers.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2