Additional LG Revolution usb chargers?

Big Cam

Reaction score
When the droid 1 came out, there was a big debate over additional chargers, and aftermarket ones, supposedly the aftermarket ones messed with the phone.

Is anyone aware of issues like that with the REVO? I really need another charger for work, and I'd like to get a generic one so I don't have to pay $20+ for one.

Anyone have any experience with aftermarket chargers for the REVO?

mursepaolo

Reaction score
i'm using my old droid 1 charger as a backup (850mA or .85A). the only issue i can see is if the amperage rating goes over the recommended (which i believe is 1A for our phones). even then, that's a long shot because the phone would control how much juice it really needs.

jneusch

Reaction score
Agreed. I have used several chargers, all with no problem. One from my BT headset, a BB and a generic car charger.

OP
Big Cam

Big Cam

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses, I ordered a cheap one from amazon that says it's for the REVO.

3turner

Reaction score
I too am using the charger from my old Droid. But i don't like the little 3ft cords so i got onto mycablemart.com and ordered 10ft cords for my chargers and my wifes chargers. They worked with the Droid and are working now with the Revolution and wife's Charge.

Firewtc343

Reaction score
Now all phones sold by verizon and other all have the "universal" chargers. Which is half true all phone with a micro usb will charge with diffrent chargers. BUT not all phones have the same pin configeration for the usb data transfers.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

OP
Big Cam

Big Cam

Reaction score
Now all phones sold by verizon and other all have the "universal" chargers. Which is half true all phone with a micro usb will charge with diffrent chargers. BUT not all phones have the same pin configeration for the usb data transfers.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums
Good to know, I will need to swap my work and home cables then.