Adding IMAP Email Account

sycotic15

Reaction score
Hello All,

For some reason, I am not able to add my schools IMAP gmail account to my X. Can anyone help to walk me through this...

It continues to say that the usernamee/password is incorrect, however, I know that it is correct.

Thanks for the help folks.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Make sure you go to gmail on ur PC, go to settings/forwarding and imap tab and "enable imap".

If you mean ur school uses google apps for their email, try using the entire email address as the username instead of just the part before @.

You don't go to cwru do you?

~ Transmitted via Motorola Droid ~

OP
S

sycotic15

Reaction score
The school uses Gmail app for their mail client. The address is [email protected] though...

I go to Arizona State. I will give those options you mentioned a shot.

txstatecoastie

Reaction score
Did you ever get that to work? I'm waiting on registration, but I have my ASU account set up. I haven't been able to sync it either.

Jayizdaman

Reaction score
My school UVM uses Webmail which is IMAP. It was a PITA to sync, eventually I went into the account settings for the e-mail login. Double check everything. The phone automagically enters in the information it thinks it should be, which unlike my iOS devices didn't work. I had to adjust my logins to the correct names, then in server settings I had to adjust the ports, rename both the SMTP and IMAP servers, then check use Secure connection and then verify certificate. For some reason on the X, is doesn't allow you to choose any of the standards for encryption; it's all automatic. I STILL cannot connect to my school's wi-fi because it won't let me match the encryption and security settings our school's Wi-Fi uses after going to the tech support office, every one of the guys there said they have NOT been able to get a Motorola Android device to connect to wi-fi. One of them had an Incredible and showed me how his settings look and how he could select the security and encryption settings himself.