Adding Custom Ringtones to Razr

georgevich

Reaction score
For the life of me, I can't get a ringtone on my Razr. I'm must just be stupid or something. I tried adding it to the internal memory and the SD card, but nothing shows up. I added it to my music library, but that didn't work either. It comes up with every option under the sun, except to set it as a ringtone. I've read forum after forum after forum, and none of the suggestions are working. Am I just missing something completely obvious? I can't imagine that I can't do this on a phone this new... And don't tell me to just get Ringdroid or something like that, because that's not the way I want to do it.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
For the life of me, I can't get a ringtone on my Razr. I'm must just be stupid or something. I tried adding it to the internal memory and the SD card, but nothing shows up. I added it to my music library, but that didn't work either. It comes up with every option under the sun, except to set it as a ringtone. I've read forum after forum after forum, and none of the suggestions are working. Am I just missing something completely obvious? I can't imagine that I can't do this on a phone this new... And don't tell me to just get Ringdroid or something like that, because that's not the way I want to do it.

Try this.... http://www.talkandroid.com/guides/m...cation-sounds-windows/#.Tw5lEI9Z7rU......hope this helps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
So you are not interested in ringdroid...:D

Create a folder named media and a folder with in that named audio and a folder within that titled ringtones... so it would look like sd card/ media/ audio/ ringtones...

~it's not just a phone~

OP
G

georgevich

Reaction score
Oh my god, thank you so much! It worked. I can't believe I couldn't find that anywhere on the internet.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh my god, thank you so much! It worked. I can't believe I couldn't find that anywhere on the internet.

Glad you got it working brother!:) not sure if my link helped or the post from the other kind helper but I'm glad your rockin your tones! Peace!

Reaction score
Glad you got the help you needed but I wonder what the difference is that you all have to create a folder and all I ever do is just open my music app and long press the song and choose "use as ringtone". Pretty straight forward and no need to create folders.